How to manage devices at different networks using only one Omada Controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to manage devices at different networks using only one Omada Controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:How to manage devices at different networks using only one Omada Controller -Solution
2021-04-13 08:27:45 - last edited 2021-04-14 12:04:40

@xperiments 

I don't think this will work, Your VPN is deleted when you adopt the device, try to create a port Forwarding like this in site1 and replace 192.168.101.202 with the wan ip in site1, if you have dynamic ip on wan you have to use a dynamic dns service enabled and use name instead og ip address.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:How to manage devices at different networks using only one Omada Controller
2021-04-16 08:07:33 - last edited 2021-04-16 12:41:18

@xperiments 

So. Should I delete VPN configuration on both sides?

By the way, the switch and the access point are normally obtaining. My main problem is that I can not obtain the router. When it is obtaining , its IP address is changing in default IP address (192.168.0.1)  and the VPN connection lost.

Network Engineer 1.0
Options
Re:How to manage devices at different networks using only one Omada Controller
2021-04-22 08:21:55

Dear @xperiments,

xperiments wrote

My main problem is that I can not obtain the router. When it is obtaining , its IP address is changing in default IP address (192.168.0.1)  and the VPN connection lost.

The default LAN IP configured on the controller is 192.168.0.1 which cannot be modified until the router is adopted. It will be issued to the router once it's provisioning on the controller. For your case, you may configure the LAN to the expected IP under Settings -> Wired Network -> LAN when it's obtaining, some tips mentioned here.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:How to manage devices at different networks using only one Omada Controller -Solution
2021-05-10 12:42:22 - last edited 2021-05-10 12:42:37

@xperiments Problem solved via port forwarding and omada discovery utility. Also port forwarding is applied on SDN router (TL-R605) and ISP modem both on the side where omada hardware controller belongs..

SDN router configuration:

dashboard->manage cloud access->transmission->NAT->Create New Rule

ISP modem configuration:

on lan host ip address we type the WAN IP of SDN router which we can find it on

Dashboard->Gateway->click on SDN router->expand WAN->the IP Address is WAN IP of SDN router

On the other side we run omada discovery utility.

on Controller IP/Inform URL we type the public IP of network where omada hardware controller belongs and we type the port 29810 e.g. Public_IP:29810

Then we type username and password of device we adopt.

Network Engineer 1.0
Recommended Solution
Options
Related Articles