Network Safety between different buildings

неделю назад - last edited неделю назад
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 2.14.4 Build 20240304 Rel.54311

Hello dear community. I'm new to the forum and have a question for you.

I have been using different Omada AccessPoints with the OC200 in my home for several years. Since I wanted to bring my network up to date, I rebuilt the most of it two weeks ago. I pulled new cables (mostly CAT7 oder CAT6a) and installed a 19" network cabinet. 
My installed hardware now consists of:

1x Gateway ER605

1x Controller OC200

1x Switch SG2428P

1x Switch SG2210P

3x EAP225

2x EAP235-Wall

1x EAP225-Outdoor

The first switch is in the house, the second in a garage some distance away. Since there was no possibility for me to pull fiber cable between those buildings, i used a CAT7 cable. I use different VLANs, because of my home automation system, my NAS, surveillance cameras etc.

For security reasons, I would like to protect the connection between the house and the garage with the omada software, but i really don´t know how to do this. I would like to do the same with the cables that go out to the surveillance cameras or the outdoor-accesspoint. Would it make sense to use mac-based authentication here? Just in case, someone unplugs a camera and uses this connection with a laptop or anything else.

The controller, gateway, NAS and the fiber-cable converter from my ISP are located in my network cabinet inside my house.

Maybe someone of you has an idea how I could configure this safely.

Thanks and have a nice day,

Tom

(i apologize for my bad english, im from austria)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 44

Replies: 0

Related Articles