Device Adoption Failed Because the Device does not Respond to Adopt Commands

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-06 20:15:29
Model: SG2210MP  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20200608 Rel.75601

Hello,

The switch was adopted (no problem) when I first set it up. I shipped it to the production site and when it was powered on it failed to adapt. The same error message "Device Adoption Failed Because the Device does not Respond to Adopt Commands". I performed a hard reset and it took me a lot of tries adopting the switch and then finally it succeeded.

We're re-arranging out server rack and disconnected the ethernet cable for the switch. When I connected the ethernet cable back, the switch came into failed adapt mode again. Tried adapting it again using the omada login credentials but to no avail it failed to adapt. I again performed a hard reset and until now still the Failed to Adapt message remains.

I am adapting the switch remotely via cloud. I have an OC300 installed.

Please advise.

Best regards,

WiFi-Ta-Bai

Options
2 Reply
Re:Device Adoption Failed Because the Device does not Respond to Adopt Commands
2021-04-08 03:56:46

Dear @WiFi-Ta-Bai,

WiFi-Ta-Bai wrote

The switch was adopted (no problem) when I first set it up. I shipped it to the production site and when it was powered on it failed to adapt. The same error message "Device Adoption Failed Because the Device does not Respond to Adopt Commands". I performed a hard reset and it took me a lot of tries adopting the switch and then finally it succeeded.

We're re-arranging out server rack and disconnected the ethernet cable for the switch. When I connected the ethernet cable back, the switch came into failed adapt mode again. Tried adapting it again using the omada login credentials but to no avail it failed to adapt. I again performed a hard reset and until now still the Failed to Adapt message remains.

I am adapting the switch remotely via cloud. I have an OC300 installed.

Please check the IP address of the switch showing on the Devices page on the Omada Controller, verify if the switch has obtained a proper IP address from your current network DHCP server. If the IP address is incorrect, please restart the switch (with the ethernet cable connected) to force it to request an IP address from the DHCP.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Device Adoption Failed Because the Device does not Respond to Adopt Commands
2022-01-17 08:58:00

Just popped in as I was having issues with an ER-7206 and TL-SG2210P Switch which would give the "Adoption Failed Because the Device does not Respond to Adopt Commands" message.

The issue in both cases for me was just down to subnets, if the controller is on the same subnet as the devices, they adopt immediately..

I had to temporarily set the controller's IP (Software controller) to the same subnet for the Router and that worked flawlessly, but the switch was OK once I let that get an IP via DHCP on the same subnet as the controller, then it worked.

Options