High CPU Usage on Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

High CPU Usage on Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
High CPU Usage on Router
High CPU Usage on Router
2021-04-24 06:14:01 - last edited 2021-04-27 04:29:51
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello Community, 

How should I investigate the spikes in my Router. 

These go away once I reboot it and the graph stays like dead for a few hours ,but after a few hours , they are back . It seems the Router is processing something or any process is consuming cycles

Running Network Load Test doesnt really increase or decrease them, they seem to be busy in doing all together something else .

This is how it looks once rebooted and works normally for a few hours and then spikes are back 

Options
15 Reply
Re:High CPU Usage on Router
2021-05-01 10:26:42

Any advice on this ??

Options
2021-06-02 16:18:33

Any Advise on this please ??

Options
2021-06-02 18:04:55

@iVaibhav 

If it makes you feel any better, mine does the exact same thing...

Options
2021-06-02 18:14:37

@Aveamantium 

LOL, Thanks for your response. Atleast there is one more passenger in my Boat, 

I am thinking it might be Firmware, but waiting on a TP-Link Response on that 

Options
2021-06-02 23:03:11
Hello, Just realized this "issue" today, I only have the router at 5 days and only noticed this behaviour today. But it seams the it started doing this after setting up the Vpn server L2TP. Do you have the Vpn server configured? Best Regards, David
Options
2021-06-03 03:05:55

@iVaibhav Same issue here. Any solutions? is it possible to have the router automatically reboot every day at a given time?

Options
2021-06-03 04:18:04 - last edited 2021-06-03 10:51:30

Anyone from @Support ?? @Fae 

Options
2021-06-04 06:05:18 - last edited 2021-06-04 06:08:58

Dear @iVaibhav,

iVaibhav wrote

These go away once I reboot it and the graph stays like dead for a few hours ,but after a few hours , they are back . It seems the Router is processing something or any process is consuming cycles

Running Network Load Test doesnt really increase or decrease them, they seem to be busy in doing all together something else .

This is how it looks once rebooted and works normally for a few hours and then spikes are back 

Sorry that I cannot quite understand the "high CPU usage" issue here.

Would your network be affected when you notice the "high CPU usage" issue?

From the screenshots you provided, the CPU usage is not such high(no more than 40%), am I missing something?

May I know more about your network topology and configuration? Do you configure any settings like VPN or SNMP?

There is a newer firmware 1.1.0 released recently, have you upgraded the firmware for checking?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-06-04 09:59:36

@Fae 

No the CPU Usage does not affect network in anyway

My Network is quite simple

ISP1 --> 

|

|     

===== TPLink load balancer ---> Switch --> Computers

|

|

ISP2 -->       

No Special Functions like VPN is running ,, Only using it as Load Balancer

yes, The CPU does not hit more than 40 % . 

The question was, When the Router is rebooted The CPU Utilization is nearly a dead line as showing in Picture, but in a few minutes/Hours . The spike starts

Please note that the usage is near constant and nothing changes in terms of increased Internet utilisation or nothing special we do in our Network .

So not sure why the two pictures, why with same usage patterm , it stays quiet for a while and then starts showing spikes. 

You suggested a FW Upgrade , Let me give that a try .

Options
2021-06-04 10:31:54
I upgraded to 1.1.0 Build 20210512 Rel.47886 Let me check the performance for some time and get back .
Options