EAP225 both have high latency on 2.4g when traffic is high

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-01 12:08:36
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.0.3

Hi,

I have EAP225 and EAP225 Outdoor. It seems that on 2.4ghz channel when download traffic is high latency increases significantly, from ~2ms to to as high as 200ms or sometimes even 600ms. My testing environment is in a rural area clear of other close 2.4g radios. 5ghz is fine since tx rate is much higher. I've tried different channel, width, radio power configurations, airtime fairness to no effect. QoS is Enabled, all other settings default. I have competitor AP to test out that handles the same traffic without any latency increase. Any advise?

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP225 both have high latency on 2.4g when traffic is high
2021-05-03 12:17:27
Options
Re:EAP225 both have high latency on 2.4g when traffic is high
2021-05-15 18:09:14
May I ask what kind of router you use? This sounds like bufferbloat to me and since you are in a rural area, you are probably limited on bandwidth. It sounds like the QOS you enabled isn't one that has smart shaping abilities. If you are not able to enable a smart queue feature for QOS, i'd set limits on the network that effects the network. My other suggestion, since I see that you didn't have this latency increase with another AP, it sounds like interference either from neighbors AP's or from the EAP's themselves. I've noticed the Omada controller doesn't like to automatically optimize channels, so I used InSSIDer to find the channel that is the most open. I'd also suggest that each AP be on a different 2.4 ghz channel, and this will greatly reduce the effects you are seeing.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1289

Replies: 2