TP-Link TL R470T+ what gateway address to use as I can't connect to the internet.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link TL R470T+ what gateway address to use as I can't connect to the internet.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-07 17:05:58
Model: TL-R470T+  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 6.0.4 Build 20200313 Rel.32850

Hi,

I've just set up my 2 Wans using a Huawei b535-232 4G and my TalkTalk DSL router.

I have the WANS up using the static IP address of each router, 192.168.2.4 for the 4G and 192.168.1.1 for the TalkTalk one and have put the same ip's for the each gateway.

The TP-Link is set up as 192.168.0.1.

On the TP-Link page it shows both WANS connected but I can't get any internet. I'm using the TP-Link to assign through DCHP and ipconfig shows the gateway as 192.168.0.1.

The lights on the router are green on the WAN ports..... what am I doing wrong?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-Link TL R470T+ what gateway address to use as I can't connect to the internet.
2021-05-08 07:23:01

Dear @MacMac,

MacMac wrote

I have the WANS up using the static IP address of each router, 192.168.2.4 for the 4G and 192.168.1.1 for the TalkTalk one and have put the same ip's for the each gateway.

Why do you put the same IP for the gateway? Do you get these static IP addresses from your ISPs?

The gateway is usually the LAN IP address of the front router, and the IP address should be different from the gateway. 

Please remove the TL-R470T+ and connect your PC directly to the Huawei b535-232 4G and TalkTalk DSL router respectively to check.

• If you can get Internet access directly from them without putting the static IP address on the device at all, please change the Connection type to Dynamic IP for each WAN under Network->WAN on the R470T+.
  • If you cannot get Internet access directly from them, please configure the PC's IP settings with the same Static IP addresses and verify if you can get Internet access. If not, contact your ISP to check the Internet service and setup.

On the TP-Link page it shows both WANS connected but I can't get any internet. I'm using the TP-Link to assign through DCHP and ipconfig shows the gateway as 192.168.0.1.

The lights on the router are green on the WAN ports..... what am I doing wrong?

There is no problem, the default gateway obtained on the end device should be the LAN IP address of the front router.

Different from home router, the green lights on the TL-R470T+ only indicate the ports are connected and negotiate at 1 Gigabit.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:TP-Link TL R470T+ what gateway address to use as I can't connect to the internet.
2021-05-08 15:58:04

@Fae 

Thanks for the info, I've re-configured the WANs and it's all working now.

If it helps anyone else I had to enable DCHP on both of my Internet routers to get them to work under the dynamic IP option. Once I enabledd that the links came up.

One question, is the TP-Link router now providing the routers with an IP address? I think it must be...

Many thanks for your help..

Mac

Options
2021-05-10 03:48:59

Dear @MacMac,

MacMac wrote

Thanks for the info, I've re-configured the WANs and it's all working now.

Welcome. Glad to hear that it's working now.

If it helps anyone else I had to enable DCHP on both of my Internet routers to get them to work under the dynamic IP option. Once I enabledd that the links came up.

Correct. With the Dynamic IP option, the front routers should have DHCP enabled (DHCP is usually enabled on routers by default).

If you prefer to have DHCP disabled on the front routers, you can write down all the current IP addresses obtained on the WAN1 & WAN2 interface, and configure Static IP with the same IP addresses under Network -> WAN on the R470T, then disable DHCP on the two front routers.

One question, is the TP-Link router now providing the routers with an IP address? I think it must be...

Nope, the router only provides IP addresses for the devices in the LAN network.

Setup: two Routers (LANs) ------ (WAN1 & WAN2) TL-R470T+ (LAN) ------ devices.

For the above setup, the two Routers provide IP addresses for the WAN interfaces of the R470T, while the R470T router provides IP addresses for the LAN devices.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1155

Replies: 3