TP-Link TL-R470T+ doesn't do the fail-over in reality

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-05 23:02:48 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:33:03
Model: TL-R470T+  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

I have a TL-R470T+ and my primary goal is to use it for the fail-over purpose. It seems like the device is of no use.

I have two WAN connections and I have configured the router for fail-over.

Whenever my WAN1 internet is down, the router doesn't fail-over to WAN2. The fail-over only works when the WAN1 port is down but not when the actual internet.

In other words, this device is just monitoring the port but not the actual internet which makes no sense. There must be some kind of SLA monitoring solution else the fail-over will never occur unless you switch off your WAN1 router or disconnect the WAN1 port.

TP-Link, correct me if I am wrong, and kindly do not mislead your customers.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link TL-R470T+ doesn't do the fail-over in reality
2020-12-09 11:18:15 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:33:03

Dear @shareef009,

Whenever my WAN1 internet is down, the router doesn't fail-over to WAN2. The fail-over only works when the WAN1 port is down but not when the actual internet.

In other words, this device is just monitoring the port but not the actual internet which makes no sense. There must be some kind of SLA monitoring solution else the fail-over will never occur unless you switch off your WAN1 router or disconnect the WAN1 port.

The Link Backup feature should be used with Online Detection. For your case, it is suggested to use Manual mode for checking.

For example, Ping: 8.8.8.8, DNS Lookup: 8.8.8.8

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 380

Replies: 1