Adding router to Omada software controller breaks it

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-17 23:05:14 - last edited 2021-05-17 23:07:39
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

I currently am hosting the omada controller (v4.3.5) in docker on host networking mode. I am able to add and configure both of my EAP225s perfectly fine from the controller and I can access it outside of my networking through the cloud omada platform. However, when I try to add my new TL-R605 to the controller, it gets stuck on 'configuring' and all of the lights - including the power LED - turn off. The only way I can get the router working again is by pressing the reset button for 6 seconds and reconfiguring it.

I tried updating the firmware to 1.0.1 and thay changed nothing.

Why is this happening? I bought this router specifically because it is compatible with the SDN omada software, and now I can't add it? I've had nothing but trouble with this router so far and I would love someone to explain how I am supposed to add it to my controller so I can use its advertised features. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Adding router to Omada software controller breaks it
2021-05-18 00:12:04

@nrgbistro 

Try this guide at the beginning of the following link and it might help to read through the comments.  Link

Options
2021-05-18 02:09:36

@1207 I use a docker container instead of the OC200. Does that mean I should set my servers static IP to something like 192.168.0.100 in order to access the router during the setup process? 

Also, it's completely ridiculous that I have to do that just to add the router to Omada. Why can't I configure it in standalone first so the rest of my network works?? Having to switch my server to a new static IP is a complete hassle and seems like it could be easily avoided.

Options
2021-05-18 02:31:24
When you adopt a device into the controller it needs to adopt the configuration settings that exist in the controller, so any configuration made in standalone mode will be erased. There are configuration settings you can make in standalone mode that are not compatible with the controller. I was able to adopt the router to my linux VM software controller, but my controller's IP was on the same subnet as the router's default subnet. I would try setting your software controller to an IP address on the 192.168.0.xx subnet. Then adopt the router and then change the IP's to whatever you want.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1148

Replies: 3

Related Articles