EAP660HD Mesh Networking

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP660HD Mesh Networking

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
EAP660HD Mesh Networking
EAP660HD Mesh Networking
2021-05-23 14:46:34 - last edited 2021-05-23 17:13:07
Model: EAP660 HD  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.05

HI,

I am trying to establish a mesh network using my EAP660HD as a the root and an EAP245 (Hw Ver 3 / Firmware Ver 5.0.2) as a node on the mesh. I am using Omada on Linux/Debian version 4.35. I can't seem to get the EAP245 to be detected on the mesh network, if I plug it in via Ethernet it gets recognized and provisioned be Omada, but if I unplug it from the wired network (and/or reboot it without having it connected to the wired network) it doesn't get detected by Omada. Even a full reset doesn't cause it to show up anywhere --- I have checked my Omada settings and I have followed the instructions here How to Build a Mesh Network via Omada EAP in Your Home without any luck. 

Does the EAP660HD not support being a root AP for the EAP245 or is there anything else I should try?

*EDIT: Looks like the EAP660HD might not support Mesh --- I just double checked the specs and didn't see it listed (despite some reviews saying it does) -- any idea if they will add in a later firmware

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP660HD Mesh Networking
2021-05-24 05:57:42

Dear @EjinTO,

EjinTO wrote

*EDIT: Looks like the EAP660HD might not support Mesh --- I just double checked the specs and didn't see it listed (despite some reviews saying it does) -- any idea if they will add in a later firmware

No, EAP660HD doesn't support the Mesh feature at present. It will be added in the subsequent firmware update.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 587

Replies: 1