SMTP of Omada Controller failed after upgrading to Java_8u291 or OpenJDK_1.8.0_292 - [Case Closed]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

SMTP of Omada Controller failed after upgrading to Java_8u291 or OpenJDK_1.8.0_292 - [Case Closed]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-18 10:32:21 - last edited 2022-04-02 11:40:07

This Article Applies to:

Omada SDN Controller (Windows & Linux) V4

Issue Description/Phenomenon:

The SMTP service for the Omada SDN Controllers fails after upgrading to Java_8u291(Windows) or OpenJDK_1.8.0_292(Linux). The phenomenon is that the mail server stops working on the Omada Controller and you may get the error "Send mail exception Could not connect to SMTP host".

A related post described the problem HERE

Note: 

If you are not sure which Java version you are using, please refer to the link below to have a check:

https://java.com/en/download/help/version_manual.html

Available Solutions:

TP-Link team has located the problem and will fix the issue in the subsequent updates later. on Controller v5.0.

[Case Closed] Update:

Omada Controller v5.0 (Windows & Linux) has been released to support OpenJDK8 and above version, which has fixed the SMTP issue described here. If this solution post doesn't work for you, your case is probably different. In that case, don't hesitate to click Start a New Thread and elaborate on the problem so that we can try to help you further.

As a temporary solution, you can fix the issue by manually modifying the java configuration file as below:

Open the "java.security" file, find "jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms" as shown in the following picture,

delete "TLSv1, TLSv1.1," to enable TLSv1 and 1.1, and save the changes;

then restart the Omada SDN Controller.

Note:

• For Windows, the default path of the file is "C:Program Files Javajre1.8.0_291libsecurity" or

"C:Program Files (x86)Javajre1.8.0_291libsecurity".

• For CentOS/Fedora, the default path is "/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.292.b10-1.el7_9.x86_64/jre/lib/security/java.security".
  • For Debian/Ubuntu, the default path is "/etc/java-8-openjdk/security/java.security".

Reference: https://bugs.java.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=JDK-8202343

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:[Solution] SMTP of Omada Controller failed after upgrading to Java_8u291 or OpenJDK_1.8.0_292-Solution
2022-02-08 07:43:07 - last edited 2022-04-02 11:28:34

Dear @RCouineau,

RCouineau wrote

@Fae FTI This was not fixed in 5.0.30. The manual fix didn't help. I can't make it work even though it works with the very same config with a Synology NAS

If the cause of the problem is the same, the solution here should work for your case.

I assume that the SMTP issue you encountered is not the same issue described here (the cause of the problem is different).

To figure out the issue, could you please elaborate on the issue and attach an image of the mail server settings by start a new thread from here?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:[Solution] SMTP of Omada Controller failed after upgrading to Java_8u291 or OpenJDK_1.8.0_292
2021-07-12 05:34:46

@Fae As far as I know TLS1 and TLS1.1 are deprecated and should not be used. See https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-tls-oldversions-deprecate-02.html

TLS1 and TLS1.1 have been widely disabled by many browsers. I would recommend leaving these settings alone and upgrading the security of the SMTP server. There is a reason why these protocols are being disabled in Java.

Options
Re:[Solution] SMTP of Omada Controller failed after upgrading to Java_8u291 or OpenJDK_1.8.0_292
2021-08-02 01:19:02 - last edited 2021-08-02 01:32:09
Options
2021-12-22 04:18:24
That was perhaps the best clarification I've heard. it doesn't assist me with realizing that APP is a condensing for application. I get that. Be that as it may, the inquiry I continue to present, and what you just addressed so well is, assuming I can go to a site for what reason do I really want an APP? i'm as yet not going to be absolutely astute however this aides fairly. https://apkshines.com/bottleneck-calculator/
Options
2022-02-02 19:05:50

@Fae FTI This was not fixed in 5.0.30. The manual fix didn't help. I can't make it work even though it works with the very same config with a Synology NAS

Options
Re:[Solution] SMTP of Omada Controller failed after upgrading to Java_8u291 or OpenJDK_1.8.0_292-Solution
2022-02-08 07:43:07 - last edited 2022-04-02 11:28:34

Dear @RCouineau,

RCouineau wrote

If the cause of the problem is the same, the solution here should work for your case.

I assume that the SMTP issue you encountered is not the same issue described here (the cause of the problem is different).

To figure out the issue, could you please elaborate on the issue and attach an image of the mail server settings by start a new thread from here?

Recommended Solution
Options