How to extend range of AP TP-Link EAP225

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-13 20:21:15 - last edited 2021-07-14 01:04:32

Trying to extend wifi on a farm - I have installed TP-Link EAP225 and it is working fine around where it is located, but the signal isn't strong enough in one area to effectively use wifi cameras.  I want something to pick up the signal from the AP and throw it further.  I bought another brand of 3 mode device (AP, Bridge, etc) and in bridge mode it had to be SO close to my AP to pick up the signal and throw it, it was useless.  The closest power supply I have to the AP is about 170 feet, the target area is 340 feet from the AP, so the power outlet is right about in the middle.  What product will take the signal from my AP and throw it out further?  I was looking into the point to point product but that requires a LAN connection which I can't do.  Previously I thought that I could just get another TP-Link EAP225 and connect it to the first but the more I read the more it sounds like that is not correct. Running more cable is not an option. Thank you - I've been reading and reading and just can't figure this out.

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to extend range of AP TP-Link EAP225
2021-07-14 06:42:38

@BethH 

Hi Beth! I think this is a typical point to point application.
Is there any power outlet on your farm? If yes, you can buy two CPE210 to build point to point long distance connection. One CPE can replace your current EAP225, connecting to the router's LAN port. The other can be installed on your farm. It will talk to the first CPE via wireless signal, and transfer a wire signal to your farm. Next to the second CPE, you can connect your existing EAP225 to it, and EAP will transfer the wireless signal to your cameras.

This video helps you know better about this application:

https://youtu.be/ISUSlTcgWks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1062

Replies: 1

Related Articles