Time is still out of sync

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-19 06:06:49 - last edited 2021-07-19 06:24:09
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.3

I have installed the latest Windows version of the Omada Controller 4.4.3 which was supposed to address the schedule bug causing the schedule to end an hour earlier. The schedule I have should end at 10:00 PM but it end at 9:00 PM, in order to get it to run at the "correct" time I need to set the schedule to end at 11:00 PM.

I also sometimes see some failed attempts in my logs that are an hour in the future, the first two entries at 2:XX AM actually occurred at 1:XX AM. it actually hasn't pasted 2:00 AM at the time of this post. 

This would also explains why my schedule ends early, the time on the EAPs are still off by 1 hour. The Site is set to use the controller time, the timezone is correct as is the DST settings. 

Would it make sense to factory reset the EAPs, login to the webui and set the timezone/DST settings manually then proceed to use Omada to adopt it back? 

This is definitely related to DST as I never seen this problem come up in the winter. 

This is very surprising that this hasn't been fixed for a business product, client and ssid names removed for privacy reasons. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Time is still out of sync
2021-07-21 10:13:44

Dear @johnsnow88,

johnsnow88 wrote

I have installed the latest Windows version of the Omada Controller 4.4.3 which was supposed to address the schedule bug causing the schedule to end an hour earlier. The schedule I have should end at 10:00 PM but it end at 9:00 PM, in order to get it to run at the "correct" time I need to set the schedule to end at 11:00 PM.

I noticed that you've reported the problem in another two posts. Sorry that the schedule issue fixed by Controller v4.4.3 is not the same issue you described in this post and another.

The problem has been located under the cooperation of another forum user and would be fixed in the subsequent controller update, which will be released soon.

For your case, you may try the following suggestion as a temporary solution:

Solution 1:

1. Change the time zone of the controller to a wrong time zone, Save;
2. Change the time zone of the controller back to the correct time zone, Save;
3. Change the time zone of the PC running the controller software to a wrong time zone, Save;
4. Please ensure you wait for 5min at least after you finish step3, then change the time zone of the PC to the correct time zone, Save.
Note: please do NOT restart the PC running the controller software with this method.

Solution 2:

1. Turn off the option for "Set time automatically" and "Set time zone automatically" on the PC running the controller.
2. Restart the controller, OR restart the devices managed by the controller (whichever you prefer to).
3. After restarting, do not modify the PC system time again.

Thank you for your great cooperation and patience!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-07-23 02:46:37

@Fae 

Solution 1 seems to work, will a restart break the time again?

This PC is always on but i do restart it for windows updates.

Options
2021-07-23 07:42:54

Dear @johnsnow88,

johnsnow88 wrote

Solution 1 seems to work, will a restart break the time again?

This PC is always on but i do restart it for windows updates.

I'm afraid yes, and you may need to repeat the process to fix it.

As I know, the new controller version will be released at the end of July, you may wait for a week or so.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 536

Replies: 3