Small business product list needed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-24 02:19:14

I've been wanting to try TP-Link Omada products now for a while. A friend has a diesel mechanic business, 3 employees. It has two buildings: a shop 100 ft from the office. The office has Spectrum internet and Spectrum phone service but no phones yet. There's nothing in the shop but power. He wants 2 cameras on the exterior of the office, 3 cameras on the exterior of the shop and 2 interior cameras in the shop. WIFI in the office and shop. One AP in the office and probably two - three in the shop. The shop dimensions are 200 ft long x 44 ft wide, 20 ft ceilings. Office demensions are 24x24, 8 ft ceilings, 3 rooms. I need to use POE to the cameras and APs.

Product suggestions on the following please:

- Cameras interior/exterior, I've looked at Reolink, Hikvision, Amcrest with Blue Iris

- APs interior

- Point to Point

- Phones

- 12 - 16 port POE switchs office & shop

- Modem and router/firewall (possibly get rid of Spectrum modem/router)

Firewall

Options
4 Reply
Re:Small business product list needed
2021-07-24 11:38:39

@Ajcke I've come up with a small list so far. What Tp-Link products support P2P/bridge? Are there any that integrate with Omada?

QTY Make Model Description Location
Network          
  1 TP-Link OC200 Omada Cloud Controller Office
  1 TP-Link TL-R605 Router/Firewall Omada SDN Office
  2 TP-Link TL-SG2210MP 10 Port, 8 POE 150W Omada SDN Office & Shop

Wireless          
  4 TP-Link AC1350 Access Point Omada Office & Shop
Options
2021-07-26 05:37:18

@Ajcke 

The distance from the Office to the Shop is about 100 feet, I think the first thing to consider is that how to transfer the signal from point to point.

Here is what I think:

1. Use two CPE210/510, one set up as the Access Point and another one set up as Client. After the wireless bridge is established, connect another EAP back of the Client, or you can connect a POE switch back to Client CPE, then all the EAP access points connect to the POE switch with hardwired cables.

2. Use the EAP225/245/225-outdoor to build the mesh. The mesh means that the second EAP connects to the first EAP wirelessly. As far as I know, the range for the EAP225-outdoor is about 180 meters far. Also, we can connect an additional switch of EAP back to the mesh downlink EAP.

Options
2021-07-27 03:37:17

@John1234  I like the mesh solution but they've tried extenders from Netgear in the past. The signal never gets through the metal building. They put an extender in a window in each building. They haven't tried mounting hardware outside yet. Signal is completely dead in the shop. With this information do you think the mesh system would work? I'm sure it's designed for this more so than the extenders.

Options
2021-07-30 02:27:23

@Ajcke  If the mesh cannot work, you can also connect an additional extender or access point to one of the downlink EAP units with cable. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 516

Replies: 4