CPE710, what is good SNR?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-24 14:28:12
Model: CPE710  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just helped a friend install two of these so he can get internet access on a 2nd piece of rural property that he owns.  The (2) CPE710's are about 2500 feet apart, line of sight.  But there are many nearby obstacles like trees and buildings and the installation doesn't strictly comply with Fresnel zone recommendations. 

We are getting a combined signal strength of -61 dBm.  The noise is -94 dBm and SNR of 33 dB.  While are speeds are acceptable can anybody comment if these values are good, bad, or merely acceptable?

Options
1 Reply
Re:CPE710, what is good SNR?
2021-09-30 01:52:39

@agarb 

I'm having the exact model, my signal reading is as following for your reference :

Noise Strength: -92dBm

SNR : Between 44dB to 46 dB

My source internet speed is 500mbps, speed at my destination is around 370mbps.

If you are not getting the speed that you would expect, it could be your router problem.

I had a similar problem previously with my Dlink Router, everything resolve when I replace that router with TPLink Archer AX73.

Anyway, just my sharing and good luck. 

Hope this is helpful.  

Thanks.

https://www.wilsonamplifiers.com/blog/what-is-snr-and-how-does-it-affect-your-signal/

What is a Good SNR Value?

Whether or not you have a good SNR value depends on what type of signal you’re working with. Generally speaking, you want as high an SNR value as possible.

Here’s a basic rundown:

• >40dB SNR = Excellent signal (5 bars). Lightning fast, always associated
  • 25dB to 40dB SNR = Very good signal (3 - 4 bars). Very fast, always associated
  • 15dB to 25dB SNR = Low signal (2 bars). Usually fast, always associated
  • 10dB - 15dB SNR = Very low signal (1 bar). Mostly slow, usually associated
  • 5dB to 10dB SNR = No signal, almost never associated, agonizingly slow
Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 2645

Replies: 1

Related Articles