Changing Alternate Mac Address Xbox Bypass

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-11 16:33:10
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V13
Firmware Version:

Hey All!

I hope you're all well. I have a quandary that I would appreciate some support on fixing. My son is currently found away to change the alternate MAC address on his Xbox which allows him to rejoin Deco as a new device. A YouTube clip on how to do this can be found here:

https://youtu.be/cY_TZjmGlZg

can you give some advice on how to stop this from happening? For example can I have it that all new devices that join the network have no Internet access until put into a certain group? Or to detect the actual MAC address of the device and maintain the block?

thanks in advance!

burg

Options
1 Reply
Re:Changing Alternate Mac Address Xbox Bypass
2021-09-14 10:02:02

@Burg 

Hi, the feature request about whitelist would perfectly do the job but this feature has not been accepted by the engineers yet.

Currently, the workaround would be once a new device is spotted, please manually go to Deco APP and add it to the blacklist.

So it would force the kids to change the device back to the actual MAC address.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 614

Replies: 1

Related Articles