WPA Authentication times out/failed, devices lose connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-04 19:36:02
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.5

Good afternoon; I have a problem with disconnection of devices and reconnection attempt then it takes a few seconds to reconnect, this disconnection happens several times during the day and on different devices.

The problem started after placing the Omada OC200 controller and updating all 6 APS I have in the environment.

The only error I found in the logs is the following.

I even changed the DTIM period as described in the discussion of the link below, the problem diminished a little but persists on several devices. https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/220950

Options
5 Reply
Re:WPA Authentication times out/failed, devices lose connection
2021-10-13 14:50:52

@JacksonC I'm seeing this as well.  I have the Omada OC200 and 3 EAP245s.  All are up on the latest firmware

Options
2021-10-13 17:55:51

@Jonathan.  Good afternoon!

What helped me a little was changing the DTIM from 1 to 3 but I'm waiting for a definitive solution by TP-Link.

Options
2021-10-19 01:52:36

@Fae have you ever had a similar case?

Options
2021-10-20 03:12:53

Dear @JacksonC,

JacksonC wrote

I have a problem with disconnection of devices and reconnection attempt then it takes a few seconds to reconnect, this disconnection happens several times during the day and on different devices. 

It may be caused by wireless interference, it's suggested to do some wireless optimization for EAP products.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2511/

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-11-08 18:06:31
I performed all the optimization of the network according to the link you gave me but without success... I noticed that in some moments when clients are disconnected the name of the wireless network "disappears" and comes back after a few seconds generating this disconnection of clients
Options