Eap225 Mesh Distance

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Eap225 Mesh Distance

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Eap225 Mesh Distance
Eap225 Mesh Distance
2021-10-09 19:04:20 - last edited 2021-10-11 00:45:57
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just purchased two eap225 outdoor units and tried to get them setup today, using the software controller running on my laptop.  I was able to get both units configured and working in the same room.  I also updated the firmware on both to 5.0.5.  My situation is that I have two buildings and I'm trying to extend my network to the second building.  It's ~250 ft away, with pretty clear line of sight.  There's almost no other wireless networks in range , so congestion shouldn't be an issue.  I placed the LAN connected eap225 right inside a window facing the second building and moved the wireless eap225 to the other building, in a window facing the first.  When I view the devices in the software controller, it shows the eap in the other building as either disconnected or isolated.  If it's isolated, I can go under mesh and try to re-link it, but its not successful.  Is there anything I can do to help these two reliably link or is 250ft just too far for the eap225 outdoor?  

Thanks

Keith

Options
2 Reply
Re:Eap225 Mesh Distance
2021-10-10 15:12:36 - last edited 2021-10-11 00:45:57

I found an antenna radiation pattern on here for the eap225 outdoors which reminded me that, even though they're omnidirectional, direction still matters.  The two units were ~250 ft apart, with one facing due west and the other facing due east.  If you drew a line straight out in the direction the two units were facing, the two lines were parallel and ~120 ft apart.  I readjusted the two units so they were pointed at each other and now they're connecting.  It is a weak connection: -84dBm, 54Mbps tx an 27Mbps rx, but it is an improvement.

Options
Re:Eap225 Mesh Distance
2021-10-26 09:03:08
A basic sheet of 19th Century window glass will offer almost no interference to a WiFi signal, however, many types of modern glass designed for thermal efficiency with multiple coatings/treatments can be very effective signal barriers..! Simple test, open the windows on both sides and check again...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1021

Replies: 2

Related Articles