work from home VPN for SMB using built in windows 10 client

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-20 17:38:21
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.01

Greetings,

I'm trying to set up our office to allow select folks to work remotely.  Either from home, hotels, or from customer sites.

Ideally, we want to use the VPN client built into windows 10 if at all possible.

I've tried setting up using the user guides, as well as other online resources, but nothing seems to work.  Unsure of what protocol to use, terminology of who is "remote", "local", etc are all kicking my butt.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Randy

Options
1 Reply
Re:work from home VPN for SMB using built in windows 10 client
2021-10-21 03:16:04

@RandyFowler Hey,I think you can create pptp/l2tp client to lan vpn. there are a few points you need to pay attention to.

1. Make sure your router can access the Internet normally, and check whether the WAN IP of your router is a public IP. If it is not a public IP, you need to set port forwarding on the front-end NAT device.

2. When creating a VPN IP Pool, do not use IPs in the same network segment. Assuming that the LAN IP of your router is 192.168.0.1, you can consider using 192.168.10.10--192.168.10.30 as your VPN IP Pool
3. When creating a VPN User, account name and password are what you need to enter before you connect your computer to this VPN.

4. Local IP Address is the IP address of the virtual VPN adapter. It’s recommended configuring it in the same subnet with the LAN IP. You can consider using 192.168.0.200.

5. Actually they have a faq about how to set up the vpn. Just try to follow faq to setup the vpn againlaugh

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/3026/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 283

Replies: 1

Related Articles