Er605 VPN setup using noip

2024-08-10 13:38:27 - last edited 2024-08-12 03:15:02
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have 2 routers ER605 that I need to use both routers to establish a VPN connection between two locations, Location A host service that needs to accessed via Location B

I am using NOIP (free account) to creat a Dynamic DNS since i don't have public IP address from the Service provider

The 2 ER605 routers are connected to the internet via other routers from the internet service providers, where the WAN interface of the ER605 is a LAN IP address from the USP router (e.g: 192.168.1.x)  

I tried several VPN configurations (L2PT, OPenVPN and IPSec) but i didn't manage to have this VPN up and running

I need guidance to setup the VPN tunnel between the two routers via the internet using one NOIP hostname  

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Er605 VPN setup using noip -Solution
2024-08-10 13:59:43 - last edited 2024-08-12 03:15:04

@RamyFahmy 

it is quite simple.
I myself use no-ip on several sites. it works well.
1. make sure you have a public ip on the WAN interface
2. there must be different LAN IP networks on site-a and site-b
3. set up ipsec site to site. (it's almost self-explanatory)
and done.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-08-11 03:53:54 - last edited 2024-08-12 03:15:02

Hi  @RamyFahmy 

RamyFahmy wrote

Hi,

Thanks, the main problem that I don't have public IP address from the service provider for this is reason I am trying to use NOIP and it didn't work 

The ER605 is connected to the internet through the internet service provider router that configured to give LAN ip address to the ER605, in my case the ER605 WAN interface is configured as dynamic and it takes IP 192.168.1.10, so I can't reach this WAN IP from outside 

Any idea how this is could be resolved? 

If you don't have a public IP address from your ISP, you cannot use the VPN at all.

DDNS is based on the prerequisite that you have a public IP address and you bind them together.

Contact your ISP regarding the public IP address before creating the VPN.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
2024-08-10 13:59:43 - last edited 2024-08-12 03:15:04

@RamyFahmy 

it is quite simple.
I myself use no-ip on several sites. it works well.
1. make sure you have a public ip on the WAN interface
2. there must be different LAN IP networks on site-a and site-b
3. set up ipsec site to site. (it's almost self-explanatory)
and done.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Er605 VPN setup using noip
2024-08-10 17:12:14

@MR.S 

Hi,

Thanks, the main problem that I don't have public IP address from the service provider for this is reason I am trying to use NOIP and it didn't work 

The ER605 is connected to the internet through the internet service provider router that configured to give LAN ip address to the ER605, in my case the ER605 WAN interface is configured as dynamic and it takes IP 192.168.1.10, so I can't reach this WAN IP from outside 

Options
2024-08-10 17:40:41

@RamyFahmy 

no-ip will not solve your problem, no-ip gives you a public ip on the ISP router if you do not do this.
In short.
you can try to remove the ISP router and connect the Omada router directly to the internet. if that doesn't work, you can port nat port 4500 and port 500 to the router. this must be done on both sites.

Options
2024-08-11 03:53:54 - last edited 2024-08-12 03:15:02

Hi  @RamyFahmy 

RamyFahmy wrote

Hi,

If you don't have a public IP address from your ISP, you cannot use the VPN at all.

DDNS is based on the prerequisite that you have a public IP address and you bind them together.

Contact your ISP regarding the public IP address before creating the VPN.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 weeks ago

@RamyFahmy 

Try this YT link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpXH_HLbcP8

For the remote gateway, use the NO-IP domain names between the 2 ER605 for both VPN routers to link with each.

Hope this helps. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 222

Replies: 5

Related Articles