Deco 68 has old formware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco 68 has old formware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco 68 has old formware
Deco 68 has old formware
2021-12-17 09:09:01
Model: Deco X68  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.05

I just purchased Deco X68 and also have M5 and M9 plus and deco x60
the deco x68 still has the 1.04 firmware ( old no speed test no optimization etc etc) and cannot be updated. Most deco now are running the 1.51 version including the one I have ( M5, M9 plus and X60.   How to update deco x68 to latest firmware 1.51.   I got that I have latest firmware when I use update deco .  The 1.04 is not the latest firmware and lacks many of the new functionality even though the x68 is newer model than the rest 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco 68 has old formware
2021-12-21 07:22:12 - last edited 2021-12-27 08:48:16

@NickatNite 

Hi, thank you very much for your time and patience.

Compared with Deco M5/M9/X60 V2, Deco X68 uses another firewall system HomeShield, instead of Homecare.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/homeshield/

So the firmware release plan of Deco X68 might be a little bit different than the rest.

Speedtest has been removed on the HomeShield models but you could run a speed test under Deco APP>Overview>click the three lines on the top>Deco lab>Wi-Fi assistant>Test speed.

And for its latest version 1.0.4, network optimization is still not supported yet and will be supported along with the firmware upgrade. During this time, you can find a similar function under HomeShield>Security Scan

Options
Re:Deco 68 has old formware
2021-12-26 13:09:47

@TP-Link 

honestly this is why I'm returning my x68. There appears to be very little proper firmware support for these. The latest firmware is 6 months old. Oh and all the free stuff is now for cost (HomeShield). So you pay more and get less? Such wonderful hardware hamstrung by poor software and business practices. 

Options
Re:Deco 68 has old firmware
2021-12-26 13:54:51

@TP-Link you missed my point.

i know there are different.  but why release new product to the market and start with old software that does not have speed test, does not have optimization, does not have all the improvement gained in M5 and M9.  TP-Link is the same company that does releases for all these products.  shouldn't you learn how to implemnt improvment in all products?  you fixed the performance of the uplink and the mesh speed on prevvious version.  you now started with Ver 1.04 that has same limitation as the older 1.04.  so please don't try to tell me there are different models.  you should have started with version xxx that accomplish all previous version.  this is bad for the consumer to drag us into new product that has all the problem softwar the older products experienced.

Options
Re:Deco 68 has old firmware
2021-12-27 09:52:20

@NickatNite 

Hi, Thank you for the further explanation.

We do intergrade new features from the former models to the advanced models, take Deco X90 for example, the first firmware 1.1.0 almost has all the important features from 1.5.0 of Deco M5/M9 plus.

Then new features are supported along with the later firmware upgrade.

For Deco X68, the first firmware 1.0.3 also had the latest features as Deco M5/M9 plus when they were on 1.4.x.

But the point is, after the first firmware release, the update schedule of Deco X68 gradually fell behind other models.

So it is more like they race at the same starting line, then Deco X68 runs slower towards the destination.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 749

Replies: 4