New firmware for the OC200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-27 22:09:51
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/245226

Just noticed the new firmware - also as download via the Dutch part of the support site.

However, the OC200 controler still says "up to date" and "running the latest version".

Any suggestions? Other then site visits and do manual updates?

Thank you - Will

*** making it run like clockwork ***
Options
5 Reply
Re:New firmware for the OC200
2021-12-28 00:55:37

Dear @ITV,

ITV wrote

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/245226

Just noticed the new firmware - also as download via the Dutch part of the support site.

However, the OC200 controler still says "up to date" and "running the latest version".

Any suggestions? Other then site visits and do manual updates?

Here is a similar post for your reference.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/516426

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-12-28 14:08:28

@Fae 

Yes - I'm aware of these posts.

However, a week later it still doesn't show in the Omada-cloud.

Similar for the firmware of EAP245 - there seems to be a version 5.0.4 since nov-4 this year.

But still nothing in the Omada-cloud.

My concern is that perhaps there is more then meets the eye?

Meaning could it be there is something wrong with the "push" of new versions to the Omada-cloud?

Kind regards - Will

Options
2021-12-29 09:46:49

Dear @ITV,

ITV wrote

However, a week later it still doesn't show in the Omada-cloud.

Similar for the firmware of EAP245 - there seems to be a version 5.0.4 since nov-4 this year.

But still nothing in the Omada-cloud.

My concern is that perhaps there is more then meets the eye?

Meaning could it be there is something wrong with the "push" of new versions to the Omada-cloud?

No worries. The firmware will be pushed to the cloud finally, but it will take much longer time, and the priority may be lower since the official firmware has been pushed to the official website.

I've reported your feedback to the team to faster the firmware release to the cloud.

Thank you for your great patience!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-12-29 14:39:28 - last edited 2021-12-29 14:41:15

@Fae 

To illustrate the impact on this delayed cloud-process: because of this we now need to plan a site-visit for installing the fix.

Since we deliver a managed service that includes installing bug- and security fixes, we need to hire a temp for making this happen.

This wasn't the idea when using the Omada-platform - certainly not waiting for several weeks like the firmware update on the EAP245.

I really hope this will be improved...

Kind regards - Will

Options
2021-12-29 16:14:18

@ITV 

I was able to VPN into my clients and update them all 'remotely', didn't need an engineer for any of them.

Is this not something you could consider?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 919

Replies: 5

Related Articles