EAP615 Mesh Function Update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-14 09:38:26
Model: EAP615-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.02

Hi Guys!

Iam using a Oc200 together with 6 EAP615 Wall AP.

For 1 AP i would need Mesh (,Wireless Backhaul)

Is there a plan in the future to get this function via FW Update??

Thx

Christian 

Options
6 Reply
Re:EAP615 Mesh Function Update
2022-01-14 23:11:52

@ChrisAT 

Hey

I dont speak for TP Link, but IMHO its unlikely the WALL editions will ever support mesh.   As these devices are designed to be POE powered and connected via a cable, there is little benefit to adding the mesh feature. 

They are literally designed to be cabled...

Options
2022-01-20 06:22:45

Dear @ChrisAT

ChrisAT wrote

Iam using a Oc200 together with 6 EAP615 Wall AP.

For 1 AP i would need Mesh (,Wireless Backhaul)

Is there a plan in the future to get this function via FW Update??

I agree with @Philbert.

It doesn't seem to be necessary to have mesh feature on the Wall Plate AP.

May I know your application scenarios to better understand your purpose?

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-01-20 06:52:59

@Hank21 

It is very simple. Iam using my new EAP615 (4pieces) all with POE an my SG-2210P Switch.

In one room, i dont have a direct LAN-Connection - but i would need a AP there to connect my devices.

The last years i used a EAP225 via Mesh Backhaul without any problems. (still running).

But it would be great to use the same EAP in the whole network - but thats not possible now because i can´t connect my new EAP615.

The only way would be to use a Powerline Adapter but i don´t think that they are supporting POE.

regards

Christian

Options
2022-01-21 07:24:36

Dear @ChrisAT ,

ChrisAT wrote

The last years i used a EAP225 via Mesh Backhaul without any problems. (still running).

But it would be great to use the same EAP in the whole network - but thats not possible now because i can´t connect my new EAP615.

The only way would be to use a Powerline Adapter but i don´t think that they are supporting POE.

Based on your description, you may have some misunderstanding about EAP Mesh.

EAP Mesh is mainly for wireless connectivity and is distinct from Mesh of home products like Deco.
You can refer to this post for details:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/230866

And this article will be helpful to you:

TP-Link Omada Mesh VS Deco Mesh VS OneMesh™: What's the Difference

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-02-11 14:22:23 - last edited 2022-02-11 14:31:44

@Hank21 

Hello,

in the specifications of the EAP "Wall" Access-Points, Mesh is specified as not present.

Do I understand it right:
This means that a "Wall" Access-Point cannot connect another access point via WiFi, because anyway always connected by cable?
In short, there is no repeater function?

Connected by a cable and integrated into Omada SDN, works a seamless transition from one EAP to the next EAP?
All EAP use the same SSID in the Omada SDN, roaming and access point steering or band steering does work, right?

Omada SDN decides for itself which ERP currently delivers the best performance for a device and switches accordingly (also with the "Wall" Access-Point)?
So I can switch seamlessly from one room to another, even with several "Wall" AccessPoints, without WLan interruptions? 

I hope I explained that correctly, my English is not so good :)

Options
2022-02-14 05:46:37

Dear  @lukass2000 ,

The prerequisite for seamless roaming is that both this EAP and your client can support the corresponding protocol, currently the EAP615-Wall supports fast roaming.

And you just need to use controller to manage EAP615 and enable fast roaming, then it'll meet your needs.

Please check this article to learn more details:

What is Fast Roaming of TP-Link Business Wi-Fi Products?

Best Regards!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1211

Replies: 6

Related Articles