Is this possible on an TL-R480T+

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-25 07:37:54 - last edited 2022-01-27 07:54:15
Model: TL-R480T+  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

I have been asked to help setup an TL-R480T+ Router. 

I will not have the router until a couple of days.

Is it possible to setup the router to use a Nighthawk connected to the internet via a sim card to handle downloads

and use an NBN connection to handle all uploads.

I do not wish to spend hours going around in circles if this product cannot do this.

If it can do this then I assume that I will have a NAT issue.

Would I have to put the Nighthawk modem in bridge mode and the NBN modem into bridge mode?

Is there anything else I should be aware of?

Cheers

Peter

Options
4 Reply
Re:Is this possible on an TL-R480T+
2022-01-26 04:49:54 - last edited 2022-01-27 07:54:15

@PeterOz 

You gotta figure out that your sessions with the Internet are not route-able like this. There are two basic modes for the dual WAN. Policy routing and load balancing. Yet, they're not made for your purposes. Most companies got such dual-Wan routers with similar functions. I don't see any routers that can route/separate your upload and download from the WAN. 

Putting them in the bridge mode is a good idea. Yes, you won't have double NAT issues. But, you cannot do use one single line to handle all of your uploads and another line for all the downloads. Load balancing is about randomly balancing your throughput to both WANs. 

Options
2022-01-26 05:42:51
Hi @John1234 Thank you for that. My gut feeling was exactly what you have said. This saves me from going mad for hours running around in circles. Should I attempt to put both modems in bridge mode? I am researching now and I am not 100% sure yet if the Nighthawak will do bridge mode. Looking through the nat manual it does mention trying setting to PPoe Regards Peter
Options
2022-01-27 08:04:42 - last edited 2022-01-27 08:06:12

@PeterOz 

Right. Both in bridge mode. Nighthawk, I think I came across this model. It's a series of routers from netgear, right?

Getting them in bridge mode will avoid double NAT and a series of issues. 

Options
2022-01-27 10:34:27
Hi @John1234 nighthawk is a netgear device.(M2) From what I can see you cannot get bridge mode. I posted another question as I was not sure if I should continue here or not. Thank you for the advise and the follow up. https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/526848 Cheers PeterOz
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 431

Replies: 4

Related Articles