Cannot connect Chromecast to TP-Link Archer C6 v3.2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-05 20:25:03 - last edited 2022-02-09 08:04:23
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 20211118

Hello dear friends,

I just bought the new TP-Link Archer C6 Wi-Fi Router but cannot make it work with Google Chromecast - the device will not connect regardless of the WiFi settings (with or without Guest network, IGMP proxy, etc). I have the latest firmware installed (20211118).

Could you please advise on how to make it work please? I think it is a compatibility issue between the devices. My daughter will cry if I am unable to put cartoons on TV via Chromecast and I do not want to be forced to return it if I can't make it work.

I am looking forward to your answer and maybe help!

Thank you very much,

Alex

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cannot connect Chromecast to TP-Link Archer C6 v3.2-Solution
2022-02-09 07:36:14 - last edited 2022-02-09 08:04:23
Dear Kevin_Z, Thank you for looking into my issue. I managed to make Chromecast work with my Tp-Link router AC6 V3.2 after reseting Chromecast. After this, same router settings worked. Best regards, Alexandru
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot connect Chromecast to TP-Link Archer C6 v3.2
2022-02-09 06:00:19

AlexIone wrote

Hello dear friends,

I just bought the new TP-Link Archer C6 Wi-Fi Router but cannot make it work with Google Chromecast - the device will not connect regardless of the WiFi settings (with or without Guest network, IGMP proxy, etc). I have the latest firmware installed (20211118).

Could you please advise on how to make it work please? I think it is a compatibility issue between the devices. My daughter will cry if I am unable to put cartoons on TV via Chromecast and I do not want to be forced to return it if I can't make it work.

I am looking forward to your answer and maybe help!

Thank you very much,

Alex

Hello @AlexIone, thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

Please follow the guide below to be sure the settings on the router match the requirements of your Chromecast, then confirm if it will connect to the internet:

Why my Chromecast cannot get internet access with the modem/router

Options
Re:Cannot connect Chromecast to TP-Link Archer C6 v3.2-Solution
2022-02-09 07:36:14 - last edited 2022-02-09 08:04:23
Dear Kevin_Z, Thank you for looking into my issue. I managed to make Chromecast work with my Tp-Link router AC6 V3.2 after reseting Chromecast. After this, same router settings worked. Best regards, Alexandru
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Cannot connect Chromecast to TP-Link Archer C6 v3.2
2022-02-09 08:04:44

AlexIone wrote

@AlexIone Great job.yes

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 574

Replies: 3

Related Articles