Active VPN connections not displayed in Omada Controller OS200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-21 12:52:50
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

VPNs are not displayed in Omada Controller. Regardless of the type or connection state.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this not implemented yet?

Options
10 Reply
Re:Active VPN connections not displayed in Omada Controller OS200
2022-02-21 12:54:42
Please note that I'm talking about PC-to-router connections
Options
2022-02-22 09:03:13

Dear @tplecko ,

tplecko wrote

VPNs are not displayed in Omada Controller. Regardless of the type or connection state.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this not implemented yet?

Do you mean you set a Client-to-LAN IPsec VPN, but it wasn't shown on the controller?

1. Can you make sure you set the VPN successfully?

2. If you login the controller and go to Insight----VPN Status, can you see anything like you mentioned?

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-02-22 11:18:15

@Hank21 I can confirm that the client is connected (I can access resources on the internal network)

However, dashboard VPN statuses are empty, and Insight page (vpn section) is empty.

Options
2022-02-23 04:33:00

Dear @tplecko .

tplecko wrote

@Hank21 I can confirm that the client is connected (I can access resources on the internal network)

However, dashboard VPN statuses are empty, and Insight page (vpn section) is empty.

Could you please tell us the firmware and hardware version of OC200 and your Omada gateway(model number)?

Please send the screenshot of VPN settings and the screenshot which can show your issue" dashboard VPN statuses are empty, and Insight page (vpn section) is empty. ".

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-02-23 06:16:16

@Hank21 Below are the screenshots of all VPN related screens + hardware&software info

I'm not new to networking (been working with Mikrotik for the last 15 years), but am new to Omada product line.
At the moment, I'm testing it for my self, before I start to recommend it over Mikrotik, to my customers.

Options
2022-02-23 19:40:25 - last edited 2022-02-23 21:21:42

Indeed I have the same experience (using open VPN) in the dashboard; however if you use the view; => insight ==> VPN ==> tab "VPN tunnel" & tab "Server" i do see the connection represented by a row

Options
2022-02-24 03:28:14

Dear @tplecko,

tplecko wrote

Below are the screenshots of all VPN related screens + hardware&software info

The Omada gateway doesn't support to display VPN status on the Insight page until the 1.1.1 firmware upgrade.

It's suggested to upgrade the router firmware for checking. And the current latest firmware is 1.2.0, see this post for details.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-02-24 07:23:08

@Fae Thanks. I did a firmware upgrade (remotely i might add), and now, connected sessions are displayed on both the dashboard, and the insights page.

Thanks again.

Options
2022-03-30 15:22:28

@tplecko 

Im having the same issue, but my firmware is 1.7.1 Build 20220112 Rel.64791. I have a laptop that is definitely connected via vpn, but Omada doesnt show it in the Insight => VPN status section.

Options
2022-03-30 18:35:58
spTom, what type of VPN are you using? I eperienced In case of OpenVPN (laptop to router) you will find the active connection in =>Settings; ==> VPN I do not use other VPN connection types
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2415

Replies: 14

Related Articles