Omada Software Controller_V5.1.7_Windows (Released on February 25, 2022)
This Article Applies to:
- New Feature/Enhancement
1) Added support for Private Pre-Shared Key (PPSK), which requires upgrading the EAP to the adapted firmware to be released soon. For PPSK without RADIUS, you can create PPSK profiles (Settings -- Profiles -- PPSK).
2) Added the Report page to view, export and email network reports.
3) Added the Heatmap function (Beta).
4) Added support for Facebook Wi-Fi 2.0 for wireless networks, which requires upgrading the EAP to the adapted firmware.
5) Added support for Upgrade Schedule (Settings -- Services).
6) Added support for IPTV function (Settings – Services -- IPTV), which requires upgrading your ER605/ER7206 to firmware 1.2.0.
7) Added support to submit your feedback.
8) Added support to connect FTP/TFTP/SFTP/SCP file servers for backup and restore (Settings – Maintenance – Backup & Restore).
9) Added TP-Link email service to invite cloud users and reset password.
10) Added support for adding multiple authentication and accounting servers to a RADIUS profile.
11) Added support for the RADIUS accounting function, and NAS ID setting to the MAC-Based Authentication.
12) Added support for the update notification for Omada Software Controller (Settings – Maintenance – User Interface).
12) Optimized the portal customization, added support to adjust the logo size and position and font size, provided a more detailed customized page template.
13) Added the Device Account configuration during Quick Setup and adding a new site. After a device is adopted by the site, its username and password will be automatically set as the site device account, and will be required when re-adopting and logging into the device.
14) Added support to create up to 7 entries for one time range profile (Settings – Profiles – Time Range).
15) Added support for the USB LTE WAN of ER605(UN) V2.
16) Added the Wi-Fi Control function for some wall plate EAPs.
17) Added support to set the end of the Wi-Fi password as the space.
18) Added quick switches to enable or disable many advanced features, such as ACL, Port Forwarding, VPN, etc.
19) Added support to custom the Online Detection Interval, which requires upgrading your ER605/ER7206 to firmware 1.2.0.
20) Added support to import HTTPS certification in PEM format (Settings – Controller – HTTPS Certificate).
21) Added support to export data from multiple sites (Settings – Services – Export Data).
22) Added a status filter to the device list to filter devices with selected status.
23) Added Controller and Device names for Syslog and Email.
24) Added the requirement for External Web Portal to submit “Access-Control-Allow-Origin” field in HTTP header to enhance security, please refer to FAQ 2912 for details.
25) Optimized PoE utilization widget in Dashboard.
26) Optimized the text formatting to solve problems such as incorrect line breaks.
27) Optimized traffic statistics of EAP.
28) Optimized the default sorting order of the device list.
29) Optimized the Speed Test Statistics page.
30) Removed “DHCP Omada Controller” as it duplicates the “DHCP Option 138” (Settings – Wired Networks -- LAN).
31) Optimized the color of “CONNECTED” marker in the Clients list.
32) Added support to display device Serial Number, which requires enabling the Cloud Access.
- Bug Fixed
1) Upgrade log4j version to 2.17.0. Note that Omada SDN Controller is not impacted by the vulnerability CVE-2021-45105.
2) Remove the limitation on the length of the Top-Level Domain Name of SMTP Sender Address.
3) Fixed some UI bugs when configuring the switch with a static IP address or enabling the DHCP server.
4) Fixed the bug where the Client Detail Logs were not sent to the Syslog server when the client connected to the Mesh AP.
5) Fixed the bug that the settings of PAP and CHAP authentication mode are inverse for External RADIUS Server Portal.
6) Fixed the bug that incorrect DHCP Reservation configurations caused the management exception of Omada Gateway.
7) Fixed the bug that MAC address of EAP was displayed in the roaming logs instead of the Device Name. Mentioned Here.
8) Fixed the bug that SFP+ ports can only work in 1G mode when LACP is configured. Mentioned Here.
9) Fixed the bug that the channels were incorrectly modified during batch configuration of Tx power. Mentioned Here.
1) Omada SDN Controller can only manage certain devices running the supported firmware. Please confirm that your device is compatible with the SDN Controller.
2) If you are using an old Controller and plan to upgrade to this version, please follow the Omada Controller Upgrade Guide.
3) Once upgraded to this version of Omada Controller, you will be NOT able to downgrade to version 3.2.14 or below.
4) This version of the controller is applied to the Omada APP of version 4.2.X or above.
Omada_Controller_v5.1.7_Windows Full Release Note >
To get the latest firmware release for Omada Controller, welcome to subscribe to topic below.
Any further feedback on the new firmware, please feel free to start a new thread from HERE.
When reporting an issue, especially it's about firmware upgrade, it's suggested to include the following info:
-- Omada Controller version (previous and current)
-- Device Model(s) and Hardware
-- Device Firmware (previous and current)
Note: if you decide to downgrade the firmware before contacting the TP-Link support team, we suggest you save a copy of the current Log file* and Backup Config file** before you do that, which might be helpful to address the issue you suffered from the new firmware.
* The Log file of Controller can be exported under Settings -> Services -> Export Data -> Running Log.
** The Backup Config file of Controller can be exported under Settings -> Maintenance via local access.
Thank you in advance for your great cooperation and support!