Uplink Link Aggregation Possible on TL-SG116E?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-10 19:03:20
Model: TL-SG116E  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20210409 Rel.61864

Hi

I'm new to the world of managed switches but I wanted to transition over as I'd like to utilize Link Aggregation. Both for WAN ports on the switch and for some high network utilization hardware like my DS920+ NAS system.

I found out how to set the LAG groups in the sytem configuration webpage under switching... I created LAG 1 as Ports 1 and 2... seemed simple. 

But when I connected both of those ports to my router, I was no longer able to login via the web portal or the easy smart config utility on my laptop. The indicator lights on both of the ports are also flashing in unison. Can someone please tell me what I did wrong? Will i also need to repeat the same step for the LAG 2 (ports 3 and 4) which I will use for my NAS?

Apprecaite any help in getting these ports to not trip over each other's feet.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Uplink Link Aggregation Possible on TL-SG116E?
2022-04-11 08:28:08

Dear  @NoviceITGuy40 

If you want to use two Ethernet cables to link up the Router, you will also need to do the same LAG settings on the Router LAN port. Please check your Router port settings.

The LAG ports connected to your NAS also require your NAS to do the LAG settings. Please note TL-SG116E only supports static LAG, not LACP. 

Regards

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Uplink Link Aggregation Possible on TL-SG116E?
2022-04-11 12:41:47

@Hank21 Thank you for Replying! 

My NAS does have a static bonding setting and so I have configured that and its working properly.

I will have to check on my router as I am not sure I have that capability even with Asus' Merlin firmware

Apprecaite the insight!

Dave 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1205

Replies: 2