OpenVPN Connection Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

OpenVPN Connection Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
OpenVPN Connection Issue
OpenVPN Connection Issue
2022-04-26 16:13:44 - last edited 2022-04-29 07:41:15
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.4.0 0.9.1

Hi all,

I have just installed Archer VR400 modem router.

I have configuree ddns tplink service then set OpenVPN settings. When I ping my dns, it resolves my ip as usual. So we don't have a problem with that one. But when I telnet the default port it does not connect. When I try it on LAN, telnet works on the same port. It seems that my device does not open the port to WAN. That's why I can not reach it from outside.

Since it should open the port by itself and I got nothing to do. Still I try to open it but I got warning that states OpenVPN service enabled on that port.

I am wondering has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:OpenVPN Connection Issue-Solution
2022-04-29 07:16:12 - last edited 2022-04-29 07:41:15

@rootadmin welcome to the community.

Sorry for the delay.

Could you please help me confirm the following information:

"When I ping my dns, it resolves my ip as usual." is the resolved IP address the same as the address under Advanced>Status>Internet>IP address?

"But when I telnet the default port it does not connect. When I try it on LAN, telnet works on the same port. It seems that my device does not open the port to WAN. That's why I can not reach it from outside."--This is something I am confused about.

I wonder whether you are saying that: the remote PC is unable to connect to the OpenVPN server on VR400. And telnet to the server also failed from remote PC, but worked from the  LAN clients?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:OpenVPN Connection Issue-Solution
2022-04-29 07:16:12 - last edited 2022-04-29 07:41:15

@rootadmin welcome to the community.

Sorry for the delay.

Could you please help me confirm the following information:

"When I ping my dns, it resolves my ip as usual." is the resolved IP address the same as the address under Advanced>Status>Internet>IP address?

"But when I telnet the default port it does not connect. When I try it on LAN, telnet works on the same port. It seems that my device does not open the port to WAN. That's why I can not reach it from outside."--This is something I am confused about.

I wonder whether you are saying that: the remote PC is unable to connect to the OpenVPN server on VR400. And telnet to the server also failed from remote PC, but worked from the  LAN clients?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:OpenVPN Connection Issue
2022-04-29 07:46:58

Hi  @David-TP ,

I realized CGNAT and had to purchase static ip.

Thanks for your response.

However I have other issues now.

Do you have any idea why I am getting 403 forbidden when I try to reach my modem gui on my browser. I have searched this but they go to address with port even though 80 is default for http and 443 is default for https. Even if I try, it does not work either.

Options
Re:OpenVPN Connection Issue
2022-04-29 08:00:09
I forgot to mention I am getting 403 forbidden on the client connected to OpenVPN.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 408

Replies: 3

Related Articles