LED control Deco X90

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

LED control Deco X90

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
16 Reply
Re:LED control Deco X90-Solution
2022-05-07 23:12:00 - last edited 2022-05-08 09:12:45

@TN192 I've found a temporary solution until it's fixed in a firmware update. If you change the main deco to the satellite one then it seems to fix the issue. Both the satellite and the main deco seem to turn off their LED and on at the correct times (so far in my testing). But yeah it seems that the system times of the main deco and satellite don't sync properly. Hope this helps a little.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:LED control Deco X90
2022-05-08 00:14:44 - last edited 2022-05-08 00:15:11

I was going to suggest removing Satellite Deco from Deco mesh and adding it back.

When Satellite Deco is removed from mesh, and you need to do that in Deco app, it will be reset. This might fix its issue with the time zone, so when adding it back it may get in sync with Main Deco and problem will go away.

Of course, if time is offset by just one hour, another option could be to schedule turning off LED one hour earlier.

Options
2022-05-08 10:00:31

@MrLeeClarky 

@Alexandre 

Thanks a lot for your replies !

I don't know how long a firmware update will take but now we have discovered the cause of this inconvenience or issue, it's up to TP- Link to solve this.

I am very satisfied with this mesh solution but one big disadvantage according my opinion matters the fact that the web-interface gives no opportunity to change certain settings.

I can understand why the choice of wifi-channels for example is restricted. This is a specific mesh feature with devices permanently scanning for the best channel and also using a channel for the backhaul if sattelites aren't hard wired.

Though TP could also let the user choose, optional and at own risk to choose wifi-channels.

Most important thing is that we have found the cause of this problem. My sattlite is placed where the light doesn't bother. So I prefer the next firmware update witch should solve this issue.

But doesn't it take less effort and time for TP to create an opportunity for costumers to let them very simply let change time settings in the app or web browser as well for main deco as sattetlite?

Options
2022-05-19 11:01:27

@TN192 Anybody who knows if this forum is followed by a TP- Link representative?

Just to know if this issue will be picked up automatically or that one of us has to introduce a case to solve this issue?

Kind regards

Options
2022-05-20 07:10:37 - last edited 2022-05-20 07:22:35

@TN192 

Hi, This issue has been reported to senior engineers already and it will only be triggered by Daylight saving time switching.

And the workaround would be:

1. change the current time zone to a different one, then switch back to the correct one

Or 2. change the satellite node to be the main unit.

But currently, why only the main unit adapts to daylight saving time, not all the Mesh units, has not been addressed yet.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. Please spare a moment and help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-05-28 07:25:24

@TN192 

Hello,

Indeed, switching time zone en then go back to the previous one is enough to solve the issue. Hopefully the TP- link engineers find a more structural solution when the next firmware is released.

Thanks a lot everyone for following up the thread I initiated.

Options
Related Articles