TP Link ER605 initial config with ONT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP Link ER605 initial config with ONT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:TP Link ER605 initial config with ONT
2022-05-30 17:34:46

@EnderXain 

Ok so the next best thing is to reconnect the Orbi and see what address it is getting from the ONT. 

Basically is it getting a local DHCP (10.x   172.x  or 192.168.x address), if its getting something like 30.1.3.45 then its a WAN address straight from your ISP

Can you post some screenies of the Orbi config or WAN status?  

Also what model / manufacturer is your ONT.. that might help us identify this

Options
2022-05-30 20:26:07

@Philbert 

The Orbi is set to dynamic but underneath that radio select are greyed out entries for IP and such. I'll provide a censored image. IF it is using that greyed out info, it is getting a 38.x.x.x IP

As for the model of ONT it is Calix 716GE-I

Options
2022-05-30 21:50:06

@EnderXain 

The only thing i can see on that screenie is that you do appear to have a username set...  something like RBR50 ??  sorry its a bit small to read

You may be best contacting your ISP and asking about dialing the ONT as this should just work if things are fully auto with no configurations.  

Options
2022-05-30 22:06:25

@Philbert 

I saw that but above it is a radio check for not using a login. I'll give them a call. I just didn't wanna call them until I knew what I was looking for. I was wondering if I'd need PPPOE but I know the level one I'm gonna get isn't gonna understand anything and I wasn't confident in what I might have needed to do either. Thanks for all of your help and time!

Options
2022-05-31 14:31:38

@EnderXain 

Not a problem at all

Hopefully they will give you the specifics you need, any hassle just drop another message and report back if you get it sorted! :)

Options
2022-05-31 22:30:35

@Philbert 

I got it to work after calling them. They do DHCP leases so my router's MAC didn't match anything they had of course but beyond that they also only allow it in one port on the ONT device. Thanks for everything! So sorry to bother everyone. I should have called them first. 

Options
2022-05-31 22:45:21

@EnderXain 

Funny that was one of my considerations, however on the Orbi page you posted it was using the default MAC address so assumed that wasn't the case!  lol..  learn to assume nothing!

Glad you got sorted in the end   smiley

Options
Related Articles