CPE510 AP and Client Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-22 22:26:06
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am trying to set up an AP and client using 2 510's.  I have the wireless connection going, but the lan port from client doesn't provide internet connection to my laptop nor to any other device I wish to connect.  I have them relatively close for setup and testing purposes inside my office right now.

I was under impression that I could connect either a computer directly from client cpe or connect a switch so as to have multiple devices connected.

Both AP and Client are on same network as existing home network (with each a static IP within range of lan range).  I can connect wirelessly to new ssid, but nothing wired will work.

Please, any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  I thought the setup looked pretty straight forward.

Jimblas

Options
3 Reply
Re:CPE510 AP and Client Issue
2022-06-23 10:42:00

@Jimblas 1. When you connect a test PC to the Client CPE, did you change the DHCP to enable?(when you configure the CPE you may set up a static IP on that PC)

2. On Client CPE web inerface there is a Ping tool(on the top right corner).

Try to Ping the Access Poingt CPE IP and your Router's LAN IP, to see if it can go through.

Tplink has an article about this you may refer to the link.

Options
2022-06-25 13:08:48

@Somnus 

Thank you for reply.

I am unable to ping the 510 AP from Client.  Both have a static address that are on the existing wireless network...192.168.xx.52 and 53 respectively.  Both have same subnet as well.

I configured the client to do dhcp and my laptop connected to the client does get an address within that range  

But i cannot access the internet after turning off wifi to check lan connection on laptop.

I do get the wireless signal from the AP on my phone and I can acces the internet that way so I am assuming it is something with the client side.

Any suggestions as to what I can do next would be very much appreciated.

Jimblas

Options
2022-07-18 04:32:35

@Jimblas You Client CPE is running on which Mode? I guess you are not using "Client" but actually "AP Client Router " Mode?

If you are not able to Ping AP from Client, that means Client CPE does not connected to the AP successfully. If you choose Client Router Mode you will need to give Clinet CPE a different subnet from the AP side. 

Options