Static routing with an ER605

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-26 21:53:12
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I'm trying to set up a router so that I can have two different networks communicate with each other.

One is using a 192.168.1.xxx scheme, and the other is using a 10.0.1.xxx scheme.

For example -

Let's say I'm on the machine at 192.168.1.12, and I'd like to connect to the machine at 10.0.1.133.

As I understand it - and I'm far from an expert, so I could be mistaken - the way to do this is to set up a static route.

I'm using the ER605 to route the traffic on the 192 LAN; I'm connecting my switch to the LAN port on the ER605.

I'm then connecting the WAN port to a switch that's connected to the 10.0.1.xxx network.

The ER605 is pulling a DHCP number from the 10. network, and computers that I've got connected to the LAN port are able to get out on the internet.

But when I try to ping any machines on the 10. network, they're not getting through.

Could someone help me with this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Static routing with an ER605
2022-06-28 07:55:26

@dangottesman 

Depending on your needs, you may want to implement multiple network segments and have devices on different segments communicate with each other.
The ER605 supports the setting of VLAN Interface.
You only need to set two VLAN Interface, refer to this FAQ for details, it is possible to achieve the topology you mentioned without setting ACL.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/3061/

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options