EAP-6xx with ethernet output?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-30 18:09:42

Are there currently or any plans to have an EAP 6xx series with ethernet ports for output / downlink ?

Basically what the EAP 245 had, but with WiFi 6 capabilities.

I know the existence of EAP-615, but not only it seems a more limited version with lower radiance patterns, also it does not have mesh (wireless backhaul).

My use case here is kinda of a bridge:

router---switch---AP-(wireless)-AP---Wired/Wireless clients

(This is an oversimplification of my real scenario, just to showcase the current issue I am stating here).

Thanks for any input!

(Or for TP Link to take into consideration for future devices!!).

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP-6xx with ethernet output?
2022-07-01 01:40:03

@AvidLearner 

So I was curious about this to see if the APs will just bridge on their own with mesh, the short answer, yes they do.

So I set up mesh on the controller, set the 5ghz channel on an AP that is in the back of the house (a EAP650) to the same as a front one (a EAP610 v2).  Plugged in the wall wart to the 650, and unplugged the POE ether.  Let it adopt wirelessly, link the mesh.  Plugged a USB ethernet adaptor into the lappy, and connected the adaptor to the 650.  And yep it just bridged on its own.  The lappy plugged into the 650 is shown in Omada as being LAN wired through the same port as the mesh root AP, the 610.  Also encase it matters i left the setting "Connectivity Detection" to auto.

So basic network plan is:  Internet -> Cable Modem -> ER7206 -> TL-SG2210P switch -> EAP610 -> Mesh -> EAP650 -> eth port on EAP650 to laptop

I can also simultaneously connect to the downlink AP via wireless and the wired.

For your case, just connect the downlink AP to a switch and you should be able to add multiple wired clients to the end of the mesh.

Hope that helps on your decision.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 408

Replies: 1

Related Articles