Feature Request: Separate 'Guest Network' into 'AP Isolation' and 'Internet only'

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Feature Request: Separate 'Guest Network' into 'AP Isolation' and 'Internet only'

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-14 07:15:32 - last edited 2022-07-14 07:16:36
Model: EAP610  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

I have only one EAP610 and want to create a guest network which is secured by rules which I have set in my firewall which is behind the access point. I want to be able to set AP Isolation by itself so that I can do all the firewall rules in my dedicated firewall, as I may want to open a couple of devices which are not on the guest network to guests. Omada Controller should not be necessary for this, and for me having only one access point it sure seems like a big waste.

Is there any intention of making this change or will it be considered?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Feature Request: Separate 'Guest Network' into 'AP Isolation' and 'Internet only'
2022-07-16 12:13:24

@Voidnt 

Hey

If you are simply after AP Isolation, namely each client won't be able to communicate with each other.  Then this is called GUEST NETWORK and is available under SSID settings.

Same concept, different name just

Hope that helps!

Options
Re:Feature Request: Separate 'Guest Network' into 'AP Isolation' and 'Internet only'
2022-07-16 13:19:07 - last edited 2022-07-16 13:23:26

@Philbert I tried it but it blocks all private network traffic, rather than forcing all intra-SSID traffic through the router so that it gets filtered there.

It also turns out that these features are merged in Omada Controller now too.

Options
2022-07-16 13:27:24

@Voidnt 

Yeah, the EAP range is for business and is really designed to be controller driven

You can run the controller software locally from a Raspberry Pi or PC you have spare, its FREE.   You dont actually have to purchase a controller.

Options
2022-07-16 15:54:36

I would like this feature too, but this can be workarounded using EAP ACLs.

Guest network is "client isolation" + "private subnet blocker".

You can allow traffic to public network(s) in ACLs. I allowed there traffic to another VLAN and to gateway.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 515

Replies: 4