Issues with DHCP, clients get same iP addresses

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-11 20:11:34 - last edited 2022-09-09 03:34:58
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20220727 Rel.42334

After I did update the router from V1.1.1 to V1.2.1 (without beta) I got problems with the distribution of the IP adresses. 

I got 6 clients that have all the same IP address and they cant access internet. After installing beta version I still got this problem. When I reboot the router the problem will be solved for a while but come back. How can I fix this?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Issues with DHCP, clients get same iP addresses-Solution
2022-09-09 03:34:47 - last edited 2022-09-09 03:34:58

Hi there,

Thank you for coming to TP-Link Community for help!

If you suffer from the same DHCP issue as it's described below (thank you @PascalSBR for the detailed information), please follow this solution post for available solutions. Thanks for your cooperation and patience. See you in the community soon!

PascalSBR wrote

After I did update the router from V1.1.1 to V1.2.1 (without beta) I got problems with the distribution of the IP adresses. 

I got 6 clients that have all the same IP address and they cant access internet. After installing beta version I still got this problem. When I reboot the router the problem will be solved for a while but come back. How can I fix this?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Issues with DHCP, clients get same iP addresses
2022-08-11 20:29:09

@PascalSBR 

is there any reason you use /16 subnetmask, do you really need 65534 ip addresses?
I think I'll try with /24, I'm not sure if your router can handle so many ip addresses.

Options
2022-08-11 21:08:34

@shberge We need more then 254 IP adresses so that is why the range is really big. Before the update the configuration worked for more then a year. So it really should be something with this 1.2.1 update. 

Options
2022-08-12 01:57:25

Dear @PascalSBR,

PascalSBR wrote

Thank you for taking the time to post the issue in our community.

To better understand the issue, please allow me to confirm the following information:

Are you using Omada Software Controller or OC200/OC300? What's the controller version?

Are those 6 clients actually all connected in your network with the same IP address? Or it's a false info displayed on the controller?

Could you please describe/draw a network diagram to show what devices there are and how the devices connects in the network?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-08-12 05:27:52

@Fae Thanks!

We are using OC300 (v5.4.7) and organized our network in the following structure

Gateway/router ER7206 v1.0 - v1.2.1 beta

Switch TL-SG3428MP v4.0 and sometimes connected with TL-SG2008P v1.0 switch

Connected to the switch we have 8x EAP660 HD(EU) v1.0 and all our other LAN devices.

They are all connected tot the same IP. Devices come up with error that their IP is being used by another device.

Hope someone can advice me what to do in this situation. I am thinking of getting back to the last working version or reset the router. But I really dont know if that makes sense. 

Options
2022-08-12 05:46:09

Dear @PascalSBR,

PascalSBR wrote

They are all connected tot the same IP. Devices come up with error that their IP is being used by another device.

Thank you for confirming the information.

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID220814123, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Options
2022-08-30 23:52:04

@Fae 

FYI, I'm having the same issue suddenly (just started today). Multiple sets of clients getting the same IP address. It's not all the same address, but several "pairs" of devices are all sharing identical addresses.

ER605 on latest 1.2.1 firmware, and OC200 controller.  Also using TL-SG2218 v1.0 switch and EAP225v3 access points.  I've rebooted all devices, and it's still happening, and trying to force a "reconnect" just keeps giving the devices the same IP address.

Options
2022-08-31 02:54:28

Dear @supermarkert,

supermarkert wrote

FYI, I'm having the same issue suddenly (just started today). Multiple sets of clients getting the same IP address. It's not all the same address, but several "pairs" of devices are all sharing identical addresses.

ER605 on latest 1.2.1 firmware, and OC200 controller.  Also using TL-SG2218 v1.0 switch and EAP225v3 access points.  I've rebooted all devices, and it's still happening, and trying to force a "reconnect" just keeps giving the devices the same IP address.

Thank you for your kind feedback. Our R&D team is debugging the issue in high priority. Once there is a solution, I'll update this post.

Options
Re:Issues with DHCP, clients get same iP addresses-Solution
2022-09-09 03:34:47 - last edited 2022-09-09 03:34:58

Hi there,

Thank you for coming to TP-Link Community for help!

If you suffer from the same DHCP issue as it's described below (thank you @PascalSBR for the detailed information), please follow this solution post for available solutions. Thanks for your cooperation and patience. See you in the community soon!

PascalSBR wrote

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1130

Replies: 8

Related Articles