Omada Hardware Controller (ver 5.4.7) - Daily Speed Test Missing

2022-08-12 00:03:10 - last edited 2022-10-28 01:07:51
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.4.7

I just upgraded my OC200 to the latest hardware contoller software and I can no long the speed test history in the stats, and I no longer see the check box to enable the daily speed test.  Has it been removed, or where is it now?

Thanks,

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Omada Hardware Controller (ver 5.4.7) - Daily Speed Test Missing-Solution
2022-08-12 04:38:30 - last edited 2022-08-12 08:52:27

Dear @rgd,

rgd wrote

I just upgraded my OC200 to the latest hardware contoller software and I can no long the speed test history in the stats, and I no longer see the check box to enable the daily speed test.  Has it been removed, or where is it now?

Thank you for posting your query in the community!

The Omada Controller v5.4 has removed the periodic speedtest functionality since the service provider of speedtest cannot find a better way to improve the accuracy and performance. As the periodic speedtest is currently removed, it's not necessary to display the speedtest graph in the Statistics section anymore. Once the vendor resolves the known issues, the periodic speedtest and the historical stats will be added back.

Omada Controller v5.4 still keeps the Manual Speed Test function, you can follow the steps below to find it on the Dashboard.

If you find the test result is inconsistent with the ISP, you can customize the Internet Capacity upon your ISP by the edit option next to Internet.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
13 Reply
Re:Omada Hardware Controller (ver 5.4.7) - Daily Speed Test Missing
2022-08-12 02:26:48

@rgd known issue, reported.  Historicals are misssing as of 5.4.x.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
Re:Omada Hardware Controller (ver 5.4.7) - Daily Speed Test Missing-Solution
2022-08-12 04:38:30 - last edited 2022-08-12 08:52:27

Dear @rgd,

rgd wrote

Thank you for posting your query in the community!

The Omada Controller v5.4 has removed the periodic speedtest functionality since the service provider of speedtest cannot find a better way to improve the accuracy and performance. As the periodic speedtest is currently removed, it's not necessary to display the speedtest graph in the Statistics section anymore. Once the vendor resolves the known issues, the periodic speedtest and the historical stats will be added back.

Omada Controller v5.4 still keeps the Manual Speed Test function, you can follow the steps below to find it on the Dashboard.

If you find the test result is inconsistent with the ISP, you can customize the Internet Capacity upon your ISP by the edit option next to Internet.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2022-08-14 18:36:27

@Fae 

Just found it, nice to be able to check manually since the automatic scheduled speed tests were kinda bad (always sad max. 500mbps while I had 1000mbps, and also was getting 900+ when I checked wired in the switch directly).

However the manual speed test says "Download >500". Is this speedtest unable to do 1000? 

>500 doesn't really say anything haha

Options
2022-08-15 00:54:58

Dear @Livonias,

Livonias wrote

However the manual speed test says "Download >500". Is this speedtest unable to do 1000? 

>500 doesn't really say anything haha

Yes, and that's part of the reason why the periodical speedtest is removed. The manual speed test results are for reference only. If you need more accurate data, you can try other speed test tools, then edit the Internet capacity with the correct data.

Options
2022-09-20 14:30:11

@Fae this is unacceptable... I just bought a OC200 to keep an eye on the network status, and I upgraded, just to find that the feature is fully removed, spending a lot of time trying to understand why. Very unfriendly customer service.
I believe you should be more open about those things and alert users before upgrading to loose features.

A partial solution would be to allow us to configure custom iperf settings.

Options
2022-09-20 14:52:21

@victor.vhv I suspect it was more lawyers than engineers that canned the speed test functionality.  While I doubt it was Ookla that shut it down, I'd be more than willing to bet that an ISP, like mine in particular, was getting a barrage of calls with people complaining that "Hey,I paid for gigabit and look at the 300M max you are actually delivering me!".  I've done some pretty extensive testing, and the ONLY time I get close to what I pay for is if I use the ISP's own captive speedtest portal.  Anytime I go to any other test site on the internet (and not just Ookla based ones) I get 50-60% of my 'paid for' bandwidth.  This is just the carrier over subscribing their internet links, but it is QUITE misleading and definitely not on TPlink's part.

I definitely would love to see some user-customizations...even a non-root shell sandbox accessible via SSH  would instantly solve the dynamic DNS and iPerf issues.

Options
2022-09-20 16:17:11 - last edited 2022-10-13 10:15:46

EDIT

Options
2022-09-20 16:28:13

@btx Agree to Disagree?  In my opinion nobody spends money to remove a feature unless there is more money at risk.  So either a legal threat or licensing cost issue.

Options
2022-09-20 16:36:54 - last edited 2022-10-13 10:15:33

EDIT

Options
2022-10-25 14:04:11

This is disappointing to me, I hope the functionality is restored urgently and soon! The historical chart was always very helpful to detect ISP issues for me in the past. Now I'm blind and/or need to manually track. Please get this functionality restored!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4487

Replies: 13