Questions for new Modem/Router and OneMesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-16 07:19:43 - last edited 2022-08-17 09:13:30
Model: Archer VR2100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am in the process of changing my CPE and as well as my second WiFi router in my home and I have a lot of questions. I start with the Modem first.

I live in EU.

VR1200

Bridge Mode

I think for my needs the VR2100 is more than OK. However, I noticed on a few comments in Amazon that it doesn't support bridge mode for the Internet. Is that correct?

VR1200 and C80 related questions

Connection with C80 WiFi router/One Mesh

Currently I have a Tenda WiFi router which acts as an Access Point/Range extender. However, I don't like it's security and I want to move to unified environment. Thus, I am thinking to also purchase the Archer C80 WiFi router. Now, the location that I will mount the C80 is at the far end of my current WiFi signal which will not be improved by the VR2100 (a lot of bick walls between the 2 points). The WiFi router is currently connected to my CPE via cable. Can I use connect the VR2100 and the C80 using OneMesh via a cable?

Other questions

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Questions for new Modem/Router and OneMesh-Solution
2022-08-16 21:50:12 - last edited 2022-08-17 09:13:30

@PeterTselios 

No, there isn't.

If you decide to keep your CPE, you have three options:

Your CPE in router mode => C80 in AP mode

Your CPE in bridge mode => C80 in router mode => C80 in AP mode (wire connected)

Your CPE in bridge mode => C80 in router mode => OneMesh comaptible Range Extender (wirelessly connected)

In all cases you will avoid a double NAT in your network.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Questions for new Modem/Router and OneMesh
2022-08-16 17:06:29

@PeterTselios 

VR2100 does support Bridge mode:

You can't build OneMesh between two routers - check OneMesh FAQ - Q5/A5 and Q10/A10.

Keep in mind that if you set VR2100 in Bridge mode you won't be able to use its Wi-Fi.

So using VR2100 in DSL modem router mode and C80 in AP mode (Case 1) will be the optimal configuration to extend your wireless coverage.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-08-16 21:11:58

Is any TP1Lonk VDSL (300Mbps) Modem/router supporting WiFi under bridge mode?

If not, it makes no sense to get one, I can simply stay get two C80s and use my existing CPE until further notice.

Options
Re:Questions for new Modem/Router and OneMesh-Solution
2022-08-16 21:50:12 - last edited 2022-08-17 09:13:30

@PeterTselios 

No, there isn't.

If you decide to keep your CPE, you have three options:

Your CPE in router mode => C80 in AP mode

Your CPE in bridge mode => C80 in router mode => C80 in AP mode (wire connected)

Your CPE in bridge mode => C80 in router mode => OneMesh comaptible Range Extender (wirelessly connected)

In all cases you will avoid a double NAT in your network.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-08-17 09:15:26

@terziyski 

Due to he number of devices connected to the second WiFi router I cannot use an extender. I mean, yes, I could use it in combination with a switch, but this will increase the number of devices, power supplies, cables etc etc.

So, the setup I am looking at (for now) is

CPE in bridge mode => C80 in router mode => C80 in AP mode (wire connected)

Which is very similar to what I have right now.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 534

Replies: 4

Related Articles