Omada eap225 Mesh Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-01 06:01:56
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 5.08

Hi,

I recently installed Omada eap225 at home using the software controller on my laptop.

I noticed the controller in the sitting room has a poor speed when it is connected directly to the LAN through the data port, but the speed is better when it is disconnected and operating in Mesh mode.

Do I need to disable Mesh for the eap225 to perform better when connected through the data port?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Omada eap225 Mesh Network
2022-09-01 19:46:14

@Sammy07 

Hey

Would it be possible you could post a screen shot of what you are seeing?     Usually the LAN port is much faster than the mesh so should be preferable.. however there could be other things at play

If you can post a few screenshots we can take a look for you

Philbert

Options
Re:Omada eap225 Mesh Network
2022-09-02 09:54:21

@Sammy07 

Have you checked the Internet speed from your LAN Ethernet connection? Maybe it's just Ethernet speed not good.

And you can try to disable 2.4Ghz, only use 5Ghz SSID. If you are connected to 2.4Ghz, the speed performance will be limited.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 385

Replies: 3

Related Articles