Chromecast cant connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Chromecast cant connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Chromecast cant connect
Chromecast cant connect
2022-09-04 20:51:31 - last edited 2022-09-05 07:25:22
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all, I recently got a new Archer 1500 router after the old Netgear finally gave up the ghost. I was able to get connected to the internet easily connect up my Google displays no problem. But Chromecast will not work.  Get as far as the point where I'm able to confirm that the four digit code on the screen matches and then it wants me to enter my Wi-Fi name and password. That's where I get stuck. I keep getting a could not connect to Chromecast error. The funny thing is I have a very old school first gen Chromecast that connects no problem. Not sure what the settings are in the router that I need to change for the newfangled one but any help you can give me would be great thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Chromecast cant connect-Solution
2022-09-04 22:13:09 - last edited 2022-09-05 07:25:22
Never mind, I have no idea what happened. I went outside to relax and have a drink. Came back in tried again and it worked. This was after 3 hours of trying before going outside. I don't know what kind of Technology Gremlins came and fixed it while I was drinking but I'm glad they did. Thanks everyone for reading.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Chromecast cant connect-Solution
2022-09-04 22:13:09 - last edited 2022-09-05 07:25:22
Never mind, I have no idea what happened. I went outside to relax and have a drink. Came back in tried again and it worked. This was after 3 hours of trying before going outside. I don't know what kind of Technology Gremlins came and fixed it while I was drinking but I'm glad they did. Thanks everyone for reading.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 329

Replies: 1

Related Articles