Extending wifi signal from one building to five cabins.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-06 17:50:48 - last edited 2022-09-06 21:54:35

Hi,

(Absolute novice at this)

I currently have an Archer MR600 Router that receives 4G broadband by sim card via an HDMX-727 External LTE Panel Antenna. Then, I have 50 meter Cat6 Ethernet cable running to a TP Link EAP-225 Outdoor Access Point.

My plan then was to have a TP-Link TL-WA901N Access Point to be used as the router in each of the five cabins, however, after testing this in the furthest east cabin, the signal can't penetrate through the walls/windows (When sat outside connection and speed are fine, but this isn't a viable solution).

I'm hoping this might be the solution, if someone could kindly confirm? (Rough diagram below (network = red));

Archer MR600 Router (receives 4G broadband by sim card via an HDMX-727 External LTE Panel Antenna) > 50m Cat6 Ethernet cable > EAP-225 Outdoor in AP mode > Then on each cabin exterior, CPE-210 Outdoor in Client Mode > 10m Cat6 Ethernet cable through cabin wall > TP-Link TL-WA901N Internal Access Point (AP Mode, acts as router)

Can I connect multiple CPE-210 Clients to one EAP-225 Outdoor AP?

My question is, am I along the right lines here, or is there a better solution for this? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you - Daniel

Options
1 Reply
Re:Extending wifi signal from one building to five cabins.
2022-09-07 09:19:31

@Daniel2 

The CPE210 has a limited antenna angle of 60 degrees, so pay attention to the angle when installing it.

Also the CPE is sure to receive signals over long distances, but also note that the EAP is generally recommended for a 100m WiFi coverage radius, to ensure that the two can communicate with each other.
It is best to test it in the site.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 290

Replies: 1

Related Articles