EAP610-Outdoor wireless stopped working after 2 weeks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP610-Outdoor wireless stopped working after 2 weeks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
25 Reply
Re:EAP610-Outdoor wireless stopped working after 2 weeks
2023-02-15 03:12:28 - last edited 2023-02-15 03:12:48

Dear @Garrett07,

Sorry to hear that you have some trouble with the EAP610-Outdoor device. The issue has just been forwarded to our engineers for high attention. Have you contacted TP-Link support team for a warranty replacement? If yes, may I have the Ticket ID or case reference number for investigation? And you're using the 6th replacement now and it's still working, right? If I got anything wrong, please feel free correct me.

Dear @Ghr77, @MP64, @fiveten, @WiFi_Addict, @Ric04jan72,

Sorry that I missed this thread before, if you noticed this reply, could you please let me know whether your EAP610-Outdoor issue was resolved or not? If you have contacted TP-Link support team before, please let me know the Ticket ID or case reference number for further investigation, thanks for your attention!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-02-19 03:17:14

@Fae The issue was never fixed. Requesting for a replacement is not an easy task.

Options
2023-02-24 02:20:04

@Fae 

Hi. I have just received my first replacement. The process is a bit tedious. I haven't tried it yet and the other 2 EAP610's I have, have not updated firmware yet, which is what I believe caused the failure. Once they force an update I expect the same issue.

my case was TKID230131362

Options
2023-02-24 08:44:24 - last edited 2023-02-24 08:45:33

@MP64 

I have 2x eap610-outdoor which got updated to 1.0.6 a while ago and all seems fine (I really hope it stays that way).

Can I ask did you use shielded cat6 and/or the earth terminal.

Making sure the earth was connected to a low resistance earth point (shortest possible cable)

and earth out the shield on the cat6?

It might well not be this, but a few years back I put out and outdoor Ubiquiti AP.

In the install manual it went to great lengths to encourage you to ensure proper earthing.

Mikrotik also say the same for their outdoor APs.

I didn't bother and though pah it'll be OK.

well after about 3/6 months (can't remember exactly) the radio side packed up.

Everything else worked, web config pages etc, ethernet all good.

In the end I'm fairly sure static electric buildup killed it.

I have another similar Ubiquiti AP, which I earthed correctly and that has been prefect.

Since then I will always earth outdoor APs as per the manual.

Otherwise they seem to fail at some point(for me anyway).

Chris

Options
2023-03-08 13:32:10

@Ghr77 

I can't make it to work until now. How did you request for replacement? I will also start the process. Thank you.

Options
2023-03-08 17:23:39 - last edited 2023-03-08 18:02:07

@Garrett07 is your EAP610 connected via a wired backhaul or is it connected via Mesh? 

I've had an EAP610 Outdoor unit up and running since December (where it's been out in pretty extreme cold/windy weather here in the NE US) on firmware v1.0.6 without any issues. The range on it seems better than the EAP670s I use on the same Wifi network. I have everything connected through JetStream PoE switches, Cat6 wired backhaul.

With Outdoor EAPs, I would recommend utilizing Ethernet PoE surge suppressors between the Outdoor EAP and the interior switch or router where the EAP is connected for PoE power. While the suppressors aren't 100% fail-proof, they will add some degree of surge protection against lightning or other electrical surges that can originate oudoors and easily travel down through a data cable. I've observed these surge suppressors working first-hand, preventing further damages to thousands of dollars of network equipment after a nearby lightning strike. 

Hybrid OPNsense/Omada EAP Cat6 backhaul 4 x EAP670 1 x EAP610-Outdoor Omada Controller v5.14.0.10 Win 11 Router: OPNsense Intel N5105 quad-core I226V 2.5Gbe w/16GB RAM Dual WAN Fios/Spectrum 1Gbps
Options
2023-03-08 17:48:11 - last edited 2023-03-08 17:48:28

@Ric04jan72 

I purchased through Amazon and called tp-link directly for replacement. They send you the procedure. I called the Canadian hotline 8662258139

Options
2023-06-15 09:43:20
Has this issue been resolved? I recently brought in two EAP610-Outdoor(US) v1.0 to my Omada (OC200). It has firmware version 1.0.4 when shipped and Omada alerted me to upgrade it to firmware version 1.1.3 after adopting them. I tried upgrading one unit first and now it lost all the SSID although configuration shows it was there. The other unit still running version 1.0.4 still runs smoothly. I haven't upgraded its firmware to avoid the same situation. Hope someone from TP Link shed some light on this issue. Thanks in advance.
Options
Re:EAP610-Outdoor wireless stopped working after 2 weeks-Solution
2023-06-16 02:30:21 - last edited 2023-07-17 09:12:43

Hi @CarloPH,

Sorry to hear that you have an issue with the EAP610-Outdoor.

Please try to forget or hardware reset the EAP610-Outdoor in question, and re-adopt it on your Omada Controller for checking.

If it doesn't help, please feel free to submit a ticket to TP-Link Technical Support team for further assistance.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-06-16 02:48:02

@CarloPH Hey sorry to hear you are a victim of the nightmare AP. You can try to forget it for hours and factory reset. Nothing works and to my knowledge there is no fix yet. TP Link has know about this issue for a very long time, and unfortunately they have not released an update to fix this. Once your ssids disappear you've got a brick. If you bought it on amazon send it back and get a new one. When you get the new one make sure you turn off automatic updates and you should be good. I've gone through dozens of these. It sucks because they work great when they work. I am able to get a quarter mile coverage on my ranch with good signal. They blow away all the other outdoor APs i have tried. However, I did just order a WAVLINK AX1800 WiFi 6 Wireless Outdoor Access Point which i am excited to set up because it has N-type antennas that you can upgrade. TP Link has good customer service but have neglected everyone who bought a EAP610 and that bums me out. Best fix is to return it and set up the new one with no updating and you should be good!

Options
Related Articles