Android TV's constantly dropping network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-19 17:27:06
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 20210204 rel. 50164

Hi! Do you have any news about this issue:? 

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/274870

Since last time I have sold my TCL's and bought four new (with android 11) but with the same issue. Is the connection between Android TV and Mesh systems poor overall? Is it a TP-Link issue? Is it a Google issue? I have tried every single option to fix this and it is getting really frustrating sad

Options
5 Reply
Re:Android TV's constantly dropping network
2022-09-20 03:08:04

@ChrisAhlund 

Hi Chris,

Nice to see you again.

May I know the model number of your new TCL TVs?

Have you tried any some troubleshooting suggestions so far, like enabling guest network with 2.4ghz only? and did that help?

And how about the dropping frequency on the TVs?

It would be highly appreciated if more details could be provided about what happened when the Android TVs lost connection?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-09-21 08:37:51

@David-TP It's TCL S5200. Sadly guest network didn't help. The dropping frequency is like between 15 minutes and 24 hours. Static IP don't work either. All the settings on the TV is on so it should keep the network connection active in standby and (for example) wake the TV up by casting something.

Options
2022-09-22 06:46:48

@ChrisAhlund 

Hi, Chris,

I see TCL S5200 is capable of Ethernet connection and is there any chance that you could move one of the satellite X60 next to the TV and connect to the TV via Ethernet cable since 2.4ghz is easily interfered with by the home appliances nearby, such as Bluetooth speakers/HDMI converters. Ethernet connection is always faster and more stable.

If not available, please turn off fast roaming under Deco APP>More>Advanced and Mesh Technology if you haven't tried them before.

And is the TV connected to the main Deco X60 or one of the satellite X60?

Options
2022-09-22 12:57:07

Hi @David-TP! I have now connected one of the TV's to the nearest satellite unit via ethernet and i'm waiting to see if there is any difference. The problem if that works is that the rest of the TV's are to far away to use Ethernet so they must be connected with Wi-Fi. One of the TV's is connected to the main deco and the other three are connected to a satellite deco. And it doesn't matter if the mesh function is on or off, they disconnect anyway. I've already tried to turn of beamforming and fast roaming and that didn't work. I'm thinking that if the TV's (which only connects to 2,4 ghz) is trying to connect to 5 ghz in standby and therefore losing the connection? But I got lots of IoT units that only works with 2,4 that never loses the connection.

Options
2022-10-02 06:49:43

@David-TP 

The new TV I tested held the connection in standby mode if it was connected through Ethernet. However, I got my old TV's back (TCL ES565) since I would rather have the 1600 $ back in this european economy right now. And my old TV won't hold the connection in standby even with Ethernet. I've read about some devices that have issues with Wi-Fi 6, so that might be it. Or the network card of this modell from TCL sucks...

Options