TP Link ER 605 with Omada controller version 5.5.6 disconnects Wan every other day at the same time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP Link ER 605 with Omada controller version 5.5.6 disconnects Wan every other day at the same time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-27 22:50:13
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

Hello.

Strange behaivior since updating my ER-605 to 1.2.1 and my Omada controller(running on a raspberry pi with mbentley/omada-controller 5.5.6)

https://hub.docker.com/r/mbentley/omada-controller

My WAN connection drops every other day for some reason and at the same time about 00:11 at night.

Confused to what is causing this. Googled and found this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TPLink_Omada/comments/vi980h/er605_losing_internet_connection_daily_not_sure/

So i set Online detection to 1 hour now in the omada controller interface instead but i do not know if that makes a difference or not.

Another thing that happened recently is that my whole town had a power outage about in the same time frame as i did the updates(not during the updates though) so i have three variables here and i do not know what is causing it.

Cutting power to the ER-605 is the only thing that brings internet through WAN to life again as it is now.

Is my ER-605 damaged or what has happened, i am not super experienced with networks so any answer need to be basic and very explanatory.

Options
3 Reply
Re:TP Link ER 605 with Omada controller version 5.5.6 disconnects Wan every other day at the same time
2022-09-28 05:35:22

@jonas740 

I can't believe a router can influence you whole town power... Maybe it's the towns electrical circle problem.

For the network issue, it's more related to the ISP. Some ISP may change the dynamic public IP that they released to your router. (ISP needs to "refresh" their system and release the resource).

On tp-link router in normal case it should be able to re-gain the IP from ISP server automatically. If the router can't get IP auto, you can try to enable Unicast DHCP

Options
Re:TP Link ER 605 with Omada controller version 5.5.6 disconnects Wan every other day at the same time
2022-09-28 18:23:02

@Somnus 

Hahaha, no what i meant was that our town had a power outage that lasted for 10 minutes like 3-4 weeks ago. Nothing i caused :D

But you know things like that might have disturbed the ISP´s equipment. Turning all the power on again might have caused power spikes. However i called my ISP today and they will start to check their equipment tomorrow and let me know.

I enabled that Unicast thingie and set Online Detection Interval to 5 minutes.

I ordered a ER 605 V2 aswell since i kind of liked the USB.

Options
2022-09-30 05:56:25

@jonas740 I had this exact problem running in standalone mode and have seen posts about it both with and without controller. For that reason, I believe it runs deeper than the software layer itself (controller/web server).

My solution was to re-flash the latest firmware (I was already on latest). This has not permanently resolved the problem but it now occurs much less than before - about once every few months instead of multiple times per week.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 511

Replies: 3