Clients get this message Unable to get ip address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-24 11:14:14 - last edited 2022-10-24 11:43:10
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.9 Build 20220429 Rel. 43558
Some of my clients can't connect to the AP, the client devices can find the SSID but they can't connect to it, they get the message "unable to get an ip address". Does anyone have any idea where the error could come from?
I manage several sites which are all connected via omada sdn which is installed on an ubuntu server. On each site I installed 2 EAP225.

Thank you

Options
6 Reply
Re:Clients get this message Unable to get ip address
2022-10-25 05:44:20

@Enigma22 

Have you tried to disable 2.4Ghz SSID? Maybe it is 2.4Ghz wireless channel issue. 5Ghz SSID should not have the problem.

Also you may double confirm if this EAP is "Connected" status on the controller Devices list.

Options
2022-10-25 17:54:16

Thank you, I'll try to see if it ll work for 5Ghz.

About the device is connected or not, it is also i have clients connected, the problem is not for all clients but just some.

My 1st phone is connected but not the 2d.

Ps : I'am using captive portal for connection if it can help to find a solution.

Options
2022-10-27 12:10:59

@Somnus I tryed to disable 2.4Ghz, it only reduced the number of connected clients since those who can only connect in 2Ghz can no longer connect (i think)  but that did not solve the problem

Options
2022-10-28 04:25:00

@Enigma22 

"Unable to get IP" also means this wifi may not be connected to your network correctly.

Maybe one of your EAP has Ethernet connection issue to your switch?

Options
2022-11-21 16:51:04

I have the same problem with C210.

Resetting cam (and reinstalling app) and disabling 5GHz or data plan won't help.

The only way to get it to work is by changing the wifi password (and reset the cam, so you can setup the new password).

It's been 3 weeks, and has observed intermittence disconnection (router restarted). Whenener it restarted, it will failed to connect again. I will have to update the wifi password to something else first and then change back to the original password for it to work. This work consistently.

TP will need to drill this down. It's obviously a firmware issue. No other appliances in my home have the same issue.

Options
2022-11-21 22:06:42

Set up an unique SSID on just one and only one AP for those clients.

Kris K
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 598

Replies: 6