Not getting upgraded speed privided by my ISP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-24 15:51:21
Model: Deco X20-DSL  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.04

My x20-dsl is conected as a modem to my ISP. My bundel is 200 down and 20 up. On the modem webpage I am looking at 190 down and 22 up, but with speedtest I am getting no more than 98 down and 3.5 up. Checked with my ISP support, and from their side everything looks good, so there is nothing they can do for me other than selling me their own modem...

Saw an old thresd with the solution of factory reset. Is there any other solution?

Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Not getting upgraded speed privided by my ISP
2022-10-25 03:41:20

@AAmit 

Hi, welcome to the community!

There are several settings you could check first:

• Make sure the QOS settings are 1000m/s download and upload.
  • The wired speed directly from the Deco X20-DSL:

Please connect a laptop via Ethernet cable to Deco X20-DSL to confirm whether the Ethernet speed is normal or not.

• Make sure the mobile device is connected to 5ghz and check the wireless link speed on the device:

How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client

Wait for your update.

Best regards.

Options
2022-10-25 18:15:10 - last edited 2022-10-30 14:39:37

@David-TP  Thank you David. I did all the above mentioned checks. The home WiFi mesh network seems to work great.Getting good on wireless clients - Tx rate shows 780 mbps.

The problem is I am getting about half the download speed promised by my ISP when checking with a direct ethernet lan from the modem - x20-dsl, to mt laptop. I am waiting for someone from my ISP to come over and check the phisical connections on my phone line. I will update if the problem will be solved.

Great forum!

Options
2022-10-28 12:33:10

@David-TP So the ISP technician came over, checked the phone line, connected his own modem that showed a speed of 185 down and 22 up, which is exactly what I am showing on my x20-dsl webpage. however, he could not connect his modem to my iMac to check speed test. It seems as if the modem is getting the full speed promised, but for some reason the x20-dsl lan ports are limiting the output, so when running speed test on my iMac, connected directly to the modem, all I am getting is 98 down and 3.5 up.

Is there anything else I can do, other than giving up on my x20-dsl as a modem?

many thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 220

Replies: 3

Related Articles