Connecting my router to my ISP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-05 09:32:44 - last edited 2020-08-07 09:55:22
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Cannot connect my router to my ISP. Anyone know what the steps are?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Connecting my router to my ISP-Solution
2020-08-07 09:55:07 - last edited 2020-08-07 09:55:22

@BasselAwsam 

Good day.

Please help us check the following information:

1. Who Is your internet service provider and did you get any internet setup information, like PPPoE username and password?
  2. At the back of the VR600, which port is connected to the internet service provider, DSL port, or LAN/WAN

Then, there is the detailed setup instruction:

Condition 1: connect to the DSL port;

1. Log in to the modem via 192.168.1/tplinkmodem.net(https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1730/)
  2. Once logged in, please check the DSL status, make sure it is connected, and modulation type is ADSL(Or VDSL)
  3. Then go to advanced>network>internet>add internet connect and input the internet set up details provided by the ISP(internet service provider);

Condition 2: connect to the LAN/WAN port:

1. Still, log into the modem, then go to advanced>operation mode>choose wireless router mode and save;
  2. Then go to basic> internet and input the setup details required by ISP;

Thank you and waiting for your reply.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Connecting my router to my ISP-Solution
2020-08-07 09:55:07 - last edited 2020-08-07 09:55:22

@BasselAwsam 

Good day.

Please help us check the following information:

1. Who Is your internet service provider and did you get any internet setup information, like PPPoE username and password?
  2. At the back of the VR600, which port is connected to the internet service provider, DSL port, or LAN/WAN

Then, there is the detailed setup instruction:

Condition 1: connect to the DSL port;

1. Log in to the modem via 192.168.1/tplinkmodem.net(https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1730/)
  2. Once logged in, please check the DSL status, make sure it is connected, and modulation type is ADSL(Or VDSL)
  3. Then go to advanced>network>internet>add internet connect and input the internet set up details provided by the ISP(internet service provider);

Condition 2: connect to the LAN/WAN port:

1. Still, log into the modem, then go to advanced>operation mode>choose wireless router mode and save;
  2. Then go to basic> internet and input the setup details required by ISP;

Thank you and waiting for your reply.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 856

Replies: 1

Related Articles