Crazy Slow Wifi Speeds on Apple Devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-03 17:22:38
Model: EAP610  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

Hey there, I just bought a new EAP610 v2.0 WAP and I'm having some trouble with all of my Apple devices. They seem to be constantly disconnecting or getting very slow speeds (like 1.5Mb/s max). All of my other wifi devices (like my Pixel 6) get 200-300Mb/s without a problem. Has anyone encountered anything like this/have any suggestions? I've tried resetting the network settings on both my iPhone and iPad. I've also switched the WAP to less crowded channels. The slow speeds are regardless of if they are on 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz. Meanwhile, if I connect my iPhone/iPad to my old router from my ISP (an Arris BGW320) everything works great and I get good speeds on all devices.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Crazy Slow Wifi Speeds on Apple Devices
2022-11-03 17:53:15

@ckchessmaster eap610 which I tested worked flawless. It is other eap6xx models which seem to be broken. Nobody with apples on their head complained when eap610 was used, apple is often the cause and its owners are mostly clueless people believing they've got a high tech phone which cant compete with $ 100 phones, thats why US had a need to attack huawei which is better in everything compared to apples. However, when one supports rogue companies and buys its products, one should expect issues with it, if it were my network, I would urge the client to contact his fruits support, that is at least what one would expect from thousand dollar phone.

Options
Re:Crazy Slow Wifi Speeds on Apple Devices
2022-11-04 05:55:52 - last edited 2022-11-04 05:57:09

@ckchessmaster 

Have you tried to disable 2.4Ghz but only use 5Ghz SSID?

If other devices can get normal speed, it seems more like a compatible issue, not the EAP hardware issue. 5Ghz may have a better performance in this porint.

You can also try to update the firmware of the EAP, and iOS version of Apple devices.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 458

Replies: 2

Related Articles