Binding WAN port to LAN port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-01 14:23:05 - last edited 2022-12-01 17:29:59
Model: TL-R480T+  
Hardware Version: V9
Firmware Version: Firmware Version: 9.0.3 Build 20200313 Rel.38262

Hi,

I have two connections from different ISPs in WAN1 and WAN2 port respectively. I want to configure load balancer such that WAN1 should provide internet to LAN1 port and WAN2 should provide internet to LAN2 port so I can put some departments on WAN1 and some on WAN2.  with failover still intact that if any WAN fails other WAN starts provide backup to all LANs.

Right now all traffice altogether is distributed among two WAN connections.

I want 1:1 function between WAN and LAN. 

Please guide.

Eric Jones

IT Executive

Options
4 Reply
Re:Binding WAN port to LAN port
2022-12-02 07:19:51

@Eric-jones12 

The function you wanna use I think is Policy Routing, check this:

How to Configure Policy Routing

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-12-23 21:08:41

@Virgo 

Okay so I read the article you mentioned and applied the policy routing. Now the users are divided among ISPs, but what I want is that if one ISP fails all the users should shifted to ISP which is online.

Please guide.

Eric Jones

Options
2022-12-26 13:57:42

@Eric-jones12 

Regardless of the PBR setting the Failover should work if enabled.  Thats in the Internet/WAN section of the controller.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2022-12-27 13:53:20

@KimcheeGUN 

Hi

I did'nt enabled Line backup becuase in that case one ISP will be offline until other is online.

I enabled both bandwidth based routing in wan1 and wan2 plus i also did PBR router.

Please guide if I should also enable line backup because to me as a student it does'nt makes sense. The load balancing should provide failover as well.

Regards.

Options