ER7212PC Omada Cloud access is Disconnected  if use PPPoE on WAN port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER7212PC Omada Cloud access is Disconnected  if use PPPoE on WAN port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
34 Reply
Re:ER7212PC Omada Cloud access is Disconnected  if use PPPoE on WAN port
2023-03-08 08:11:24

@Fae would like to recieve the firmware aswell, thanks in advance!

Options
2023-03-09 02:38:25
I also have no internet via sfp. @Fae, can you please send me new firmware to try? Thanks.
Options
2023-03-09 03:46:00

Hello @kelapa 

kelapa wrote

I also have no internet via sfp. @Fae, can you please send me new firmware to try? Thanks.

The Beta firmware is mainly to fix the cloud access disconnected issue (the internet works with PPPoE connection), not no internet issue.

To better assist you, could you please elaborate on the issue you encountered so that we can better understand your issue and help you effectively? Are you using SFP module from TP-Link? What's the model number of your SFP module? What troubleshooting have you tried and what's the results?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-03-09 17:48:01

@Fae The SFP ONT model is MA5671A, from Huawei. Let me know if you need more info.

I have Virgin Mobile fiber internet, which is a sister company of Bell in Ontario Canada.  Everything I learned have been the setup between these two companies are the same.  According to this link below with step by step instruction, it would work as long as the PPPOE username and password are correct and tag vlan 35. 

I've spent total over 8 hrs in the past two weeks, resetting password over and over again, disable ISP DHCP before removing SFP module,  clone MAC address, with/without DNS, rebooting 7212 many times for every small changes, the result have been the same; PPPOE..... failed to connect to the server because sending PADI times out, ie. no internet.

I know my PPPOE username and password are correct, because I lost internet from my ISP modem/router at one point between switching SFP module from 7212 to ISP, plus making too many changes.  The internet was finally restored once I used the correct password with the ISP unit.

BTW, I have 7212 and 670 as AP, both adapted easily. 

Any help is highly appreciated.  Thanks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bell/comments/rz1wzu/bypassing_hh3000_with_tplink_omada/

Options
2023-03-09 21:13:59

I've tried the beta firmware but no success.

It still says that my controller is offline while I have an active internet connection.

Options
2023-03-13 03:23:22

Hello @JDane 

To better assist you, could you please elaborate on the issue you encountered so that we can better understand your issue and help you effectively? Is your ER7212PC connected behind an ONT device, and are you using PPPoE connection on WAN port?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-03-13 05:52:13

@Fae yes its behind an ONT device.

PPoE has been setup and the internet connection is working just fine. But even with the new firmware the controller wont connect to the cloud management. I tried to disable and enable the cloud management without success, and when I try to unbind the account the page on the er7212pc keeps loading and nothing happens.

Options
2023-03-13 07:12:21

Hello @JDane 

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID230321029, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Options
2023-03-13 12:48:45

My internet is online finally after updating the browser.  Something to try for anyone running into the same problem.   

Options
2023-03-13 16:30:39

@Fae got the mail,  thanks! 

I'll post an update when its solved.

Options

Tags

WAN Setup
Cloud access
Related Articles