VPN ISSUE_NO SUPPORT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VPN ISSUE_NO SUPPORT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
30 Reply
Re:VPN ISSUE_NO SUPPORT
2023-02-03 11:54:05

@shberge 

Oh its So sorry state for both of us.... TP-LINK  Support team in INDIA just updated the Firmware - so am checking if BOTH VPN's working or not 

Options
2023-02-03 13:39:56 - last edited 2023-02-03 13:41:16

@ajayt 

Always check EN website first when looking for firmware.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/er8411/#Firmware

It will eventually take a few days and then this new version will be available in other countries/regions.

But sounds like you got a special BETA version now for testing?

Options
2023-02-03 16:31:32 - last edited 2023-02-04 04:02:15

@Hoamboy @shberge @Fae @Hank21 

Yes we did firmware update (ER8411(UN)_V1.6_1.0.1 Build 20221110) 

Issue resolved :

1. ACL are available to configure 

2. L2TP VPN is working (we are doing testing on it)

Issues still not resolved :

1. OPEN VPN still not working with speed. (Local TP- LINK support guy asked not to use this)

2. SSL VPN is still not working  (Local TP-LINK support guy says he will come back on that)

Hope this get resolved asap.

Options
2023-02-04 15:46:26
Options
2023-02-08 11:43:04

@shberge 

hi we have installed new firmware 

1. L2TP is working but having issue of on client's side browsing stopped working.

2. L2TP speed is max 5MBps  for site to site

3. SSL is still not working 

struggle is going on... :)

Options
2023-02-09 02:24:35

Dear  @ajayt 

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. 

The ticket ID is TKID230214959, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-02-17 05:37:49

Hello @ajayt 

How is your ER8411? is there any progress on your problems? I almost thought that tp-link had come up with a solution by now but it doesn't seem like they are prorating the ER8411, not a good start for what I thought was a solid and powerful router.
If you find a solution, it would be nice if you post an update here.

Options
2023-02-26 05:23:16

@shberge 

Technical team of TP- LINK is working for past 2 week but still no resolution for speed. 

(once i feel this is smooth I will send settings to you)

update:

L2TP is working on both windows and mac but my entire client side internet traffic is going through VPN hence slow. I get speed of 10MBps max (ISP speed : client side 300Mbps and Server side 1000Mbps)

SSL VPN: still testing and not yet resolved.

OPEN VPN: No luck so far

Site to Site : IPSEC working but speed is max 3MBps (ISP at remote office 200Mbps and main office 1000Mbps)

What issue you are facing currently?

Regards,

AjayT

shberge wrote

Hello @ajayt 

How is your ER8411? is there any progress on your problems? I almost thought that tp-link had come up with a solution by now but it doesn't seem like they are prorating the ER8411, not a good start for what I thought was a solid and powerful router.
If you find a solution, it would be nice if you post an update here.

Options
2023-02-26 09:10:21 - last edited 2023-02-26 09:11:39

@Fae @Hank21 Do any of you know if this is something that is being worked on?

@ajayt 

I have about the same problems as you, IPsec works pretty well for me, the problem is OpenVPN and SSL VPN
I run OpenVPN against a separate linux server in the office, this does not work with UDP so I had to set up a server with TCP, this works together with OpenVPN, but it is very slow. approx. 3 MB/s

the server manages about 10MB/s when I use a client on a PC.

I also found out that if you use UDP on OpenVPN or SSL VPN, the speed goes down a lot on IPsec VPN, so I recommend removing all UDP related VPN connections (OpenVPN, SSL VPN), in my case IPSec stopped site to site completely.

I had the same config on ER605v2 where everything worked as it should so this is only related to ER8411

I got a beta from support on Friday but it made no difference, I don't think this beta has anything to do with the bug we have, they just sent out a beta without explaining what was fixed, the verion of beta is 1.0.2 Build 20230216 Rel.44135

Options
2023-02-26 10:26:39

@shberge 

Infact I chose this router due to it has OPEN VPN but unfortunate nothing works...

I some time back tried using it as client using OpenVPN cloud but that also doesnt connect ....

so really dont know how much time am going to waste- planning to replace with better router which gives better support.

Regards,

AJAY T

shberge wrote

@Fae @Hank21 Do any of you know if this is something that is being worked on?

@ajayt 

I have about the same problems as you, IPsec works pretty well for me, the problem is OpenVPN and SSL VPN
I run OpenVPN against a separate linux server in the office, this does not work with UDP so I had to set up a server with TCP, this works together with OpenVPN, but it is very slow. approx. 3 MB/s

the server manages about 10MB/s when I use a client on a PC.

I also found out that if you use UDP on OpenVPN or SSL VPN, the speed goes down a lot on IPsec VPN, so I recommend removing all UDP related VPN connections (OpenVPN, SSL VPN), in my case IPSec stopped site to site completely.

I had the same config on ER605v2 where everything worked as it should so this is only related to ER8411

I got a beta from support on Friday but it made no difference, I don't think this beta has anything to do with the bug we have, they just sent out a beta without explaining what was fixed, the verion of beta is 1.0.2 Build 20230216 Rel.44135

Options
Related Articles